Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 5:48:43 PM EDT
Get ready to vomit! I had started an earlier thread about daley & his cage team.  Per all the Chicago news stations and the papers - On Saturday -A Chicago Public School Principle who collects "High End" handguns , was arrested for failing to register 63 handguns. These handguns were confiscated by CPD after they were allowed to search the mans house. The principle with a double masters & a PHD was charged and will most likely loose his job.   Like I said- they're coming!
The hanguns were Colts , Kimbers , H&Ks, etc. No junk.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he shouldn't have kept them in Chicago.

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, if you want guns, don't live there.  If you have guns and you want to take the risk, expect this to happen eventually.

No, the sky isn't falling, it was just another day in Chicago.  Not the first time they confiscated a bunch of guns, and it won't be the last either.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's an article for that.  Scroll down a bit.

www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-metro11.html

"He did have a valid FOID [firearm owner's identification] card, for one weapon," a police spokeswoman said.

Wtf he had a FOID for one gun?  I guess we need multiple FOIDs now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
he made the mistake by allowing them to search his home with out a warrent. NEVER ALLOW ANY ONE OR AGENCY TO ENTER YOUR HOME WITH OUT ONE. and yes the papers cant get the story right. FOID CARDS ALLOW THE POSSESION OF FIRE ARMS IN THE STATE, NOT REGESTRATION. this will more then likley be a test case to take to court. I know that the NRA and ISRA is backing him.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's an article for that.  Scroll down a bit.

www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-metro11.html

"He did have a valid FOID [firearm owner's identification] card, for one weapon," a police spokeswoman said.

Wtf he had a FOID for one gun?  I guess we need multiple FOIDs now.

My guess is they meant he had one pistol registered as per Chgo Ordinance. Most idiots who watch the news think every town requires gun registration like Chicago.

Sorry, but this guy was a dipshit. 61 pistols in Chicago ? Geezus ! As a  City Employee, this guy should know how corrupt and power-mad Daley and the CPD are. He could've made a better living in the burbs, collected his pistols and probably could have slept better, knowing he wasn't a part of a corrupt political machine and it's failing school system.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
the story didnt say why they entered his home, BUT
but being a school principal sure makes for good headlines

hope he gets his guns back and moves away from there !
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]
He can be fined for violating the city ordinance. He may lose the guns, but no jail time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#7]
People, how about a little sympathy here???

We can argue the merits of keeping that many guns at a residence in a city as anti-gun as Chicago but at the end of the day, that's still his right, even if the corrupt legal system choosed to infringe upon it.

Let's remember who the bad guys are and that Chicago's gun laws are just plain wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top