Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 8:38:37 AM EDT
Tried out Bristol Sunday (10/3).WTF is the deal with single shot only for AR's? If I become a member, do I get to load full magazines. I really don't like the idea of swinging my gun down, dropping in a shell and slamming the bolt ( possible slam-fire? ). When I signed-up, the range master asks what I'll be shooting, the first thing out of his mouth was AR's are single shot only. Does Bristol have a "bug up their ass" when it comes to AR's? I did hear in the background from one of the ranges in the back someone was doing some bump-firing or full auto. Any input from you regular Bristol users?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The rifle range is one round only, with permission from an R/O you can do a "function check" and load a full mag. Even that has to be slow fire.  The pistol range has a rule that there can be no more than six rounds per mag.  The shots you were hearing was the URBAN COWBOY match on the scirmish field.  It is a modified 3-Gun match.  The competition uses mostly steel targets in a combat type scenario having 4-6 stages.  You can shoot as fast as you can miss. The current rules are pistol, shotgun and pistol caliber rifle.  This may be changing though, they are in discussion about alowing rifles back there.  They are going to be carving in a "Jungle Walk" type stage behind the large burm and we should be able to use that next shooting season.  For $65 a year Bristol is a good deal even with the quirks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The rifle range is one round only, with permission from an R/O you can do a "function check" and load a full mag. Even that has to be slow fire.  The pistol range has a rule that there can be no more than six rounds per mag.  The shots you were hearing was the URBAN COWBOY match on the scirmish field.  It is a modified 3-Gun match.  The competition uses mostly steel targets in a combat type scenario having 4-6 stages.  You can shoot as fast as you can miss. The current rules are pistol, shotgun and pistol caliber rifle.  This may be changing though, they are in discussion about alowing rifles back there.  They are going to be carving in a "Jungle Walk" type stage behind the large burm and we should be able to use that next shooting season.  For $65 a year Bristol is a good deal even with the quirks.

$65 a year for sigle round, no more than 6 in a pistol? Fuck that shit. Thought the Jungle walk thing sounds sweet, wonder what type of wired quarkie rules they'll have for that though.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot at Bristol last about 19 years ago and it pissed me off so much with the "one round" thing that I have never been back.  You guys should come another 30 minutes north to the Racine County Line Rifle Club.  Three seperate ranges:One Hundred yard plinker, 500 yard and a 600 yard range.  Full Auto's are fine and there is a trap and skeet area also.  Did I also mention that there are NO range nazi's breathing down your back.  It's a private club and you need to have a "non-probationary" member sponsor you in.  Email me for more information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top