Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 8:02:02 PM EDT
I can't vote for Keyes. Guy is a flaming idiot. Anyone see him on the news tonight?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I can't vote for Keyes. Guy is a flaming idiot. Anyone see him on the news tonight?

Keyes is as close as you are going to get to a libertarian that even has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.  I find it hard to believe that he really did something so obnoxious as to warrant an Obama win.

I think you guys are too used to "sensitive" policticians that are less strident and less principled.  I may be wrong, because I didn't see what he said or did- but this is a guy that will make things happen.  He is the batman to Hillary's joker, and I have no doubt that he will work hard for us 2nd amendment guys.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Keyes is the only game in town when it comes to the 2nd Amend. Obama is a "turn them all in" kind of guy, based on his voting record. Never saw a gun control bill he didn't like...  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Keyes is the only game in town when it comes to the 2nd Amend. Obama is a "turn them all in" kind of guy, based on his voting record. Never saw a gun control bill he didn't like...  

Not to play devil's advocate and I will not vote for him but to be honest, I was in the executive commitee meeting in Springfield in 2003 when SB1195 came up. Barrack Obama was on that committee. The bill could have died right then and there but Kirk Dillard voted yes to send the bill to rules. Obama voted no citing the reason being that the bill was so terribly worded. I saw Todd Vandermyne and Obama face off in the same room. In no way was Obama hostile or negative towards the NRA. you should have seen the Chicago Commiecrats fired up that day. I'm not saying Obama isn't a gun grabber, but he had a chance to jump aboard a Daley gun confiscation and gun owner registration scheme that smacked of Hitler and he didn't. I was there, I saw it with my own eyes. I'm voting Keyes. Keyes and Zell Miller are my heroes
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at that same meeting and I thought Obama was an idiot!  If you'll remember, he came in late, ate a bowl of soup during the meeting, and asked a few idiotic questions that could only come from someone who has no knowledge of firearms at all.  There were 13 different bills on the agenda that day, and I can't remember whether or not they all came up, but he did vote against us on every other one.  He was born in Hawaii, raised in Southeast Asia, lives in Chicago, and he is somehow supposed to understand me?I don't see how any straight, Christian, gun owner could ever vote for him.  Keyes is definitely the better of the two.  Too bad we can't get Zell Miller!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess I stuck voting straight Republican ticket as usual.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Are you a "straight, Christian, gun owner" ?

Or are you any of the three?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you a "straight, Christian, gun owner" ?

Or are you any of the three?

I prefer forward, backslidden, gunowner.
Top Top