Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 12:45:54 PM EDT
I thought I'd give you guys a heads up, Bass Pro in Gurnee Mills is having their fall hunting sale this weekend, and they have some pretty good prices on pistol ammo.  

Remington UMC in 9mm is 3.88/box!!

They also have 250 and 100 round bulk packs in 9mm and .45.

I figured if anybody was in the area, they might want to stop by.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the Tip! I'll check it out Sunday. Been spending my weekends @ the Illinois State Beach. Gotta enjoy this weather while it's still here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding! I just got paid, I think I'll stop by today. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey just so you guys know. The Gander mountain in Geneva, IL will match prices. In fact if they see the Bass Pro having a sale, alot of times they will adjust there prices as such.  I have taken prices off the net and they match it + 10% more off. Guys from the trap club where buying shotgun shells by the cases in the spring when they where matching Bass Pro's prices...  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the Bass Pro flyer too.  Too bad they're up there in congested Mall-Land.
Great prices, but adding in the gas between southern Crook County
and Great America, and I may as well spent the extra few bucks at Walmart.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Buddy of ine had some friends that went up there today and bought 1000rds of 9mm for $89. They said that the ammo was thinning out. Another friend that works for RSR (one of the major firearm wholesalers) was saying that the Bass Pro ammo deal was even cheaper than what he could buy ammo at through the wholesaler.

I hear the shit is going fast, i'm gonna try to snag some tomorrow before it's all gone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I got 10 boxes from Gander Mountain ... They did a price match for me and I was going right by there today... Manager in Gun shop said "That's a sweet deal" ............
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was in Gurnee last week on thursday.  We were staying in Chicago and my wife wanted to go to the outlet mall.  I was bored so I went into the Bass pro there.  I hate to say it but that is the lamest place as far as firearms goes I have ever been in.  Cabela's kicks so much ass compared to Bass Pro it isn't even funny.  And yes, I was bitter I wasted time even walking into the place.  Is this just an Illinois thing?

Something to do with Gurnee, Il. I'm suprised they have and handguns at all.

I went in today and picked up 400rds of 9mm to feed to my UZI. UMC 100rds per box $10 each.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the sale still on or is it over yet?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Sales over.  I was there yesterday to go to the range and they're back to regular prices from what I saw.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]

I hate to say it but that is the lamest place as far as firearms goes I have ever been in.

I have to agree. If there was a Cabelas within 50 miles, Bass Pro would shut down.  If fact Bass Pro has the crappist ammo section I have ever seen. I have been in Wall Marts with more ammo on the floor in a larger selection.

Try the new Gander Mountian  it is 10 min more north in WI at the route 50 exit.  Nice place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top