Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2003 10:02:30 AM EDT
Leaving tomorrow for Macoupin County, IL.  5 glorious days of bowhunting during the rut ! !  Does it get any better than that ??   No work, no wife, no kids.......just beer and deer ! !
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
priceless, i kinnda hate that saying, but it fits have a great time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
2 words....not good.   The area we hunted was heavily pressured before we got there.  Even though it was during the rut, we saw very few deer.  I've hunted central IL during the rut for the last 12 years and have never seen it this bad.  We were in a good area with lots of sign,  but the deer had all been run off.  This excess pressure was confirmed by neighboring farmers and the local DNR officer.  Too bad, accomodations were nice and the guy was pretty cool.  Just too many hunters.  Anyone no of any QUALITY acreage that would be available for lease next year ??  Bowhunting only.  Let me know.....  
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:28:09 AM EDT
[#4]
sno , the forest preseve's near me are full of trophy  buck, but the only way to gunt them is with the bumper of your car. come on over
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Macoupin County, and your right, there is alot of pressure, can't help you about leasing it seems to me that decent land is hard to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top