Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2019 12:23:34 PM EDT
I have been shooting at 1200 yards lately and would like to try and extend out to 1500 and maybe a mile.
The area that I currently shoot (Open desert not public range) maxes out at 1200 so I need to find a new
place. Anyone have any suggestions? You would think that it would be easy to find a place with all of the
open desert but there is always something, too close to a road/hwy, private parcel, mine or quarry
nearby...etc.
Thanks in advance
Tom
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
What area? I know of a guy who has a gong set up at a mile and I shoot where it would easy to put targets at any range you please. The hitch is fire season, I can’t be the guy that lights one off. You also have to check restrictions. I’d prefer to keep particulars to IM.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Arlis, Thanks for the reply. I was looking around Southern Nevada, not more than a hours drive from Vegas. Fire season is something I haven't even considered.
Anyway, I have found a place that gets me to 2200 yards.

Thanks
Tom
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top