Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2013 11:15:59 AM EDT
Did anybody else go?  For quite a while I've known these were becoming less about guns and more about beef jerkey, beanie babies and other assorted nonsense but this one was insane.  There were the normal number of tables for a Crossroads show but I'd estimate there were about half the gun dealers as normal.  And the crowd couldn't even be called that, it was more of a large gathering.  I got there at about 9:30 Saturday morning expecting a line halfway around the field but walked right up to the ticket booth without a single person in front of me.  When I waked inside I swear I heard crickets.  It was absolutely dead.  WTF?  Does anyone know if there was some other event this weekend that took away the normal crowd?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Reno Trap Convention the same weekend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell half the crowd was probably there to watch that dance competition or whatever it was all those dancing young people were doing there.

Edited to add:  I skipped the NV Arfcom get together for this gun show?  D'oh!
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Vegas?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vegas?
View Quote

Oops, sorry.  Yeah, Vegas.  The Crossroads shows are usually the biggest here but this one was absolutely dead on Saturday morning.  No idea if it picked up later in the day or on Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oops, sorry.  Yeah, Vegas.  The Crossroads shows are usually the biggest here but this one was absolutely dead on Saturday morning.  No idea if it picked up later in the day or on Sunday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vegas?

Figured it had to be, Reno had a Crossroads show the previous weekend that I had my AR500 targets booth at, but I was doped up from my wrist surgery and wanted to make sure I didn't imagine the whole thing.

Our show wasn't terrible, but it's nothing like the Big Reno Show at the old Hilton.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Gun "shows" have turned into a joke. When ever I ask friends if they are going to one, they laugh and say NO. I can get cheaper ammo at Sportsman's and most of the guns are 20% OVER retail.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]
It's been 4-5 years since I attended a Crossroads of the West gun show at the Cashman Center here in Las Vegas. It just costs too much for parking and getting in the door, not to mention the long lines. I've been able to get all the ammo I want and guns I want on the internet. I was seriously considering going,
but changed my mind at the last minute. Maybe the low turnouts will help bring the admission prices down.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I haven't been over to Cashman in about 4 years. They need to do something to get bodies back in the door. Just doesn't seem worth it these days.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
The crossroads show in Reno is a joke. Several vendors have stopped going and the only thing I go looking for is primers at miwall and even those were bad last time but that seems to be all around.

I try and hit up the "Big Reno Show" which is a lot bigger but still poopy
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Gun "shows" have turned into a joke. When ever I ask friends if they are going to one, they laugh and say NO. I can get cheaper ammo at Sportsman's and most of the guns are 20% OVER retail.
View Quote

What do your friends say when they go to Sportsman's for cheap ammo to find out they have no stock and what they have is limited to 3 boxes per caliber? Alternatives cost more but bottom line you are going to get the ammo you want, albeit at a bad price.  

Plenty of rimfire there at the show, at bad prices of course but unless you get to Sportman's or Bass Pro the same day rimfire comes in, you aren't getting any , and at Bass Pro - you are only going to get three boxes or one value sized box of ammo period.

Hell, there was powder for sale at the show, can't hardly get that looking all over town depending on what you are looking for.

Guns are another matter.

BTW, at the show you could get, and in no limit bulk, M855 Green Tip for .40/rnd.  How is Sportsman's Whorehouse price and limit against that?

Or if gun show prices don't gouge you enough, Back Page deals are ridiculous.  I wonder just what some of those sellers are smoking, or perhaps it's the buyers that are partaking.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I pretty much just hit one gun show every year or three just for entertainment value
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I pretty much just hit one gun show every year or three just for entertainment value
View Quote

yup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top