Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2011 7:39:46 AM EDT
I wonder if there's a way to find out which troopers or at the very least which station or territory two troopers are assigned to?

There was an accident this morning on the 95N at Tropicana and I want to commend the responding troopers for what I saw to be an overwhelming act of kindness to an animal that was struck by a passing car.  Anyone know who I can write a letter to?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like I answered my own question:  http://nhp.nv.gov/south/SC_Contact_Us.shtml

Going to send an actual letter to the LT.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
... what I saw to be an overwhelming act of kindness to an animal that was struck by a passing car.  

i think some people will have different interpretations as to just what you mean. some may think it means "hugs and kisses" and others may think it means ending the critter's suffering immediately. i'm a big softie when it comes to most furry critters, but i wouldn't want o prolong some creature's suffering.

can you elaborate?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hah I see your point.  No ending of suffering involved.

There was a dog on the side of the freeway, apparently the victim of contact with a vehicle.    Two NHP troopers had the left lane blocked and one of them was kneeling with the poor dog, petting it and trying to console it. The dog was clearly hurt, laying on its side. I didn't see any blood but obviously it was badly hurt. I don't know anything more but I've never been so touched by a random act of kindness in my life.  It literally brought tears to my eyes and I want to thank them. Hell, I don't even have a dog but realize it was an amazing gesture.

I'm sure plenty of people who were stuck in the monumental traffic backup cursed them, if they even saw what was going on. I hope that little guy makes it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If thats a homeless dog and somebody knows where he is if he made it, let me know. I'll take the little one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If thats a homeless dog and somebody knows where he is if he made it, let me know. I'll take the little one.

you might be able to call animal control and find out.

here's a link for all the shelters in NV, including CCAC.

http://www.animalshelter.org/shelters/Nevada.asp
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top