Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:04:32 PM EDT
My wife currently enrolled in a Manicurist Beauty school. The school is accredited. Here's the problem.
There isn't a manicurist instructor to teach her, she has been sitting in the back of the class with 2 or 3 others with no instruction.
They share a class room with the cosmo/hair stylist.
She emailed the school complaining about it.
Their response was that they would refund 2700.00, out of the 4800.00 that was paid.  Her kit was $750.00 which is fine,
we do not expect a refund for that, but 1300.00 for  3 weeks of non instruction is unacceptable. My wife is going to
email them again telling them that she is going to email the Accreditation board about there school.
Is there anything we can do to retrieve more of our funds. Thanks, Dan
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you are on the right track.   Did your wife sign any "contractual" agreement regarding the instruction/  If so what did it state?  Since they are apparently failing to live up to their end, should be easy WITH THE HELP OF AN ATTORNEY!  God save us all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Chiz45 could probably help you and your wife, MQ.

Chiz is the NVHTF resident counsel.

Joe
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure how a school can enroll students with the promise of training when it's is KNOWN that there is no instructor to do it...sounds like FRAUD to me (punitive damages).  IM me when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not sure how a school can enroll students with the promise of training when it's is KNOWN that there is no instructor to do it...sounds like FRAUD to me (punitive damages).  IM me when you get a chance.

Thar ya go, MQ.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
IM sent Chiz. Thanks alot guys. Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top