Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 11:40:32 PM EDT
A job oppurtunity has arisen back in my old stomping grounds - The Greater Phoenix Metroplex. God I love that city, the only metropolitan area in the entire world I don't want to see nuked flat.

Anyhow, I feel that it'd be best for me to have a nice little change of pace and scenery. Even though I'm presently happy with the new job I have now, it's just that - A Job. It's not a career or anything special, and even though I'm happy here, I can make a career doing what I went to school to learn and all.

Again, comes the problem I've always faced. FUNDAGE!

Anybody want to buy a FAL?

Israeli HBAR built on an Springfield SAR-4800 receiver (technically made by Imbel, just rebranded). It's a big, heavy boatanchor of a rifle, but oh do I love it so. I'd hate to see it go.

The dang thing is exactly like Wolfpack's new FAL , except built a few years further down the line (Post-'89 but Pre-'94 - like it matters anymore).

Make me an offer. I'd rather it go to a friend here in the NV than me passing it along to anybody else.

Hey Wolfpack, since you're going to be up here in April, you could totally take it down to the Vegas guys if anybody decides to bite on it. Would save a boatload of effort on everybody involved's part.

Thanks guys, you jerks, fragrant though that you are, are like some big, crazy e-cyber-online family.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
How much are you looking for? I havent really priced FALs so I wouldnt want to offend you with too low of an offer. I have been looking into the HK91 clones but the FAL seems like a decent alternative.

How heavy is it? What kind of groups have you got with it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Did someone say FAL? *ears perked*
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
how much?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How much are you looking for? I havent really priced FALs so I wouldnt want to offend you with too low of an offer. I have been looking into the HK91 clones but the FAL seems like a decent alternative.

I think a FAL is much better than an HK91.

I have a Springfield SAR-4800 and a Springfield SAR-8 (which is an HK-91/G3 clone-type rifle).
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Question Answer time!

Heavy like Western Philosophy 526 at the University. I do rifle PT with it every day, and my upper body is starting to get R-I-P-D. Um. It's like twenty plus pounds.

As for groups, the Israeli Heavy Barrel (Commonly refered to as the FALO) was the replacement for the aging L4 Bren LMGs in both the Commonwealth armies and the IDF. It's not a sniper rifle, but a suppressive-fire squad auto. I don't know the groupage it gets, but it shoots point of aim and I can bounce a five gallon propane can around at the 300 yard marker with just the iron sights.

But I can also do that with an Enfield and an '03, so I don't know if that's saying much.

When you heading for AZ Steve?

A.S.A.P. Given my current financian straights, probably won't be until after April. I don't again wish go back down there on Independence Day weekend and transition from highs of 85 to lows of 110. That sort of sucked ass.

Did someone say FAL? *ears perked*

ME! ME! I DID!

how much?

Market FALue is about twelve hundred wing-wangs. But if anybody's willing to pony up, I think I can let it slide for in the ballpark of a thousand. Less if anybody has a Bren Mk2 they'd be willing to trade ^________^ (laughing politely to self)

I think a FAL is much better than an HK91.

Dogg, the HK91 is a fuckin' boat anchor. Despite the claims of the goofy roller-delay bolt setup being as rock-solid and lock up tight like a bolt-action, I still shot better groups out of an old junker CMP Garand. Seriously, if anybody has $500 to blow on a Century HK91 clone, you may as well just put in in a pile, douse it with lighter fluid and throw matches at said pile, because that'd be at least a more entertaining and worthwhile way to dispose of some income one can deem as disposable.

I guess the PTR-91s are okay, but the FAL is at least user-servicable. When I had my HK, I grabbed a .pdf of the Armorer's Manual, which stated that if any damage occurs to either the receiver or cocking tube, that the armorer is to strip the receiver for parts and JUNK THE RIFLE!

How's that for quality Bavarian engineering? Straight out of Deutchland - for me to poop on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Ad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top