Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 4:50:08 PM EDT
Do I have to go down to Cameron to change my address or is there some way to mail in a change of address?

I am afraid that the answer is, I have to go down to Cameron... Is it?

I'd suspect it costs another $25 or something...

Also, how soon after I move am I required to get this done?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to www.packing.org.  There should be some information there that will point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do I have to go down to Cameron to change my address or is there some way to mail in a change of address?

I am afraid that the answer is, I have to go down to Cameron... Is it?

I'd suspect it costs another $25 or something...

Also, how soon after I move am I required to get this done?

You must notify the Sheriff in writing within 30 days of a permanent change of address. There is no  cost to do this as you can have Metro CCW mail or fax you a change of address form, and you can then mail or fax the completed form back to Metro.

If you are currently a Nevada resident and you possess a valid Nevada CCW permit that is good for five years the permit will expire on the date listed on the permit even if you move out of state. However, if you choose to renew the Nevada permit and you are a resident of another state, you must return to Nevada to participate in a renewal course and file your paperwork in person. I would do this at least five months before the permit is due to expire.

If you are in the military and you are being stationed out of state and your home of record is Nevada, you will still need to return to Nevada to take the renewal course and file your paperwork. As long as Nevada is your home of record your permit will be good for five years instead of the three year non-resident time frame.

In lieu of the above information I would still call Metro CCW and double check.

LVMPD CCW Detail: (702) 229-4029

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get a copy of the change of address from Jim's web site, www.gmj.com/nevada.php

Or use this Change of address
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Great, thank you.

And what is the address I send it to?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPT / CCW DETAIL
5880 CAMERON STREET, LAS VEGAS NV, 89118

Hours: Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8am - 3pm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
When I did my renewal for my CCW, in the paper work they gave me back was a copy of CHANGE OF ADDRESS.  

The mailing address on it is:

3141 E Sunrise Ave
Las Vegas NV 89101-4833
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top