Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:32:52 PM EDT
So I get the Advantage Arms .22 G17 kit to put on one of my 34's.

Call Metro, "Yes you need to get a blue card with 9mm/.22 on it."

So...... I go to Bruce/Lake Mead in NLV, "No the officer will understand/recognize it is a conversion kit. There is no need to add (/.22) to your card." "The original gun is in 9mm, that IS ALL that matters".

2 days of calls.........

"It is ONLY necessary if you put it on your CCW"  Joint Metro/NLV Consensus

.............NTACs..................

V
OUT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I get the Advantage Arms .22 G17 kit to put on one of my 34's.

Call Metro, "Yes you need to get a blue card with 9mm/.22 on it."

So...... I go to Bruce/Lake Mead in NLV, "No the officer will understand/recognize it is a conversion kit. There is no need to add (/.22) to your card." "The original gun is in 9mm, that IS ALL that matters".

2 days of calls.........

"It is ONLY necessary if you put it on your CCW"  Joint Consensus

.............NTACs..................

V
OUT

V,

I don't think the other agency's officers are NTAC's, but on the other hand I think if you ask 10 cops the same question you will get 15 different answers.

I always err on the side of good judgement. I would follow Metro's advice, as the Sheriff in Clark County is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the County, and his department is the issuing authority for gun registration and CCW permit issuance.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to play the role of a Philadelphia lawyer, but, The conversion kit is just that.  Why in the hell would you need to put any further info on the blue card when the conversion kit is not in reality integral to the weapon? I dont think it would be anyones business that Variable bought a new slide and barrel for his Glock when the only number that matters is the number on the frame of the pistol.  I think Metro is full of shit on this one.  I also think you'd be hard pressed to find a cop who would even venture to guess at this question.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not to play the role of a Philadelphia lawyer, but, The conversion kit is just that.  Why in the hell would you need to put any further info on the blue card when the conversion kit is not in reality integral to the weapon? I dont think it would be anyones business that Variable bought a new slide and barrel for his Glock when the only number that matters is the number on the frame of the pistol.  I think Metro is full of shit on this one.  I also think you'd be hard pressed to find a cop who would even venture to guess at this question.  

OK Mr. Rocket Scientist:

BLUE CARD/CCW: Glock 19, chambered in 9mm. K? You get stopped and you have a Glock 19 with a conversion kit chambered in .22 cal. and a Blue Card/CCW for a Glock 19, chambered in 9mm...

Not to be Homer but, DUH...  

The way I see it is that you guys just ask for trouble.

Who wants to be the test case?? DF? V? Anyone else?

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Joe- I see your point. Leave the .22 slide at home?Or, maybe dont have the slide on the frame? Now getting caught with the .22 slide on the 9mm frame? You might as well have some rocks with you to throw too.  Im going to work on my rocket now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Who wants to be the test case?? DF? V? Anyone else?.

I thought I explained I was/am the test case in my initial post.

Did not mean to piss you off IS. I am just posting the FACTS of the info I RECIEVED from joint agencies for anyone else who gets a SUPERB constructed (But ONLY damn 10 round capacity) AA type kit.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
This is exactly the reason I put my Ruger MKII on my CCW. I might be bummin in the woods and need to put on a jacket, stop for soda or lie down for some night-night. The last thing I need is for some game regulation-pseudeo cop or LA retiree to hassle me over a .22.
If you can put it on your CCW, do it. Now getting the goobers in administration yo figure it out, that may be another story. I'd qualify with the conversion on the pistol and add it to your CCW as Glock model 34, caliber .22 .
Thanks for the legwork on this issue.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
This only partially addresses the question.  I have a 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23.  In order to legally carry it with the 9mm barrel, I had to get a new blue card with both calibers listed, plus it is listed twice on my CCW.

However, unless you are dedicating a frame to the conversion kit, I would expect that you would just carry the conversion kit with you to the range, remove the 9mm top end, install .22 top end and shoot.  When you're done, reverse the procedure.  I really can't see any LEO hassling you over shooting a .22 conversion when you've got the 9mm top end right there.  

Where you will get in trouble is if you are carrying it somewhere else, concealed or not, as a dedicated .22 without the 9mm parts.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Joe- I see your point. Leave the .22 slide at home?Or, maybe dont have the slide on the frame? Now getting caught with the .22 slide on the 9mm frame? You might as well have some rocks with you to throw too.  Im going to work on my rocket now.

Hey DF,

How the hell can you work on your rocket when I have your Rocket Science Text Book and Slide Rule? I forgot to return them to you at the last Trekki meeting.

Do you really think you can get that thing to fly without the BP's and Tech. stats?

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This only partially addresses the question.  I have a 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23.  In order to legally carry it with the 9mm barrel, I had to get a new blue card with both calibers listed, plus it is listed twice on my CCW.

However, unless you are dedicating a frame to the conversion kit, I would expect that you would just carry the conversion kit with you to the range, remove the 9mm top end, install .22 top end and shoot.  When you're done, reverse the procedure.  I really can't see any LEO hassling you over shooting a .22 conversion when you've got the 9mm top end right there.  

Where you will get in trouble is if you are carrying it somewhere else, concealed or not, as a dedicated .22 without the 9mm parts.

I agree.
It's generally accepted in the NFA world that unless you're changing the caliber permanently, that installing and using another caliber other than what that device is registered as is OK as long as it's only temporary.

More than a few folks, including myself, have M16s or ARs with conversion kits in 9mm, .22LR and a host of other calibers. Or how about this. I regularly shoot .22LR thru a 9mm can. Improper or illegal use of the suppressor when I shoot rounds thru it other than 9mm?  

As Dorsai stated, I'd shoot it all you wanted in .22, but I'd never carry concealed in that caliber....NEVER!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Hey DF,

How the hell can you work on your rocket when I have your Rocket Science Text Book and Slide Rule? I forgot to return them to you at the last Trekki meeting.

Do you really think you can get that thing to fly without the BP's and Tech. stats?

I dont need all that technical stuff for my rocket. I still have some Germans working on my shit that the Russians never fessed up after WW2.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top