Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 10:17:30 AM EDT
I read the horror story posted here before. Was just wondering if anyone has modified theirs or got a new one recently, and what the wait time is at now.

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I went in on 15 Aug 2003 to add a gun to my permit. Took 2 1/2 hours to get the paperwork processed and get my photo re-taken. It now also takes 7-10 business days to mail out the updated permit. They now do a background check on all changes or modifications.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Yikes!

Jim, besides the qualify fees, what is the the state/county charging for an update?

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the cost for all these changes?  You are talking about going to the new Fingerprint Bureau, right?  Are they charging per gun adds or per visit?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on the county you are in,  Washoe handed me the re-upped permit 3 minutes after I had my picture taken, was 5 bucks to change guns, but this was last year for a re-up and to get current info, check with your county sheriffs office.  For Las Vegas, Thats Metro PD
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Metro charges $25 per visit to add or replace any number of guns. Must be a Money Order or Certified Check.

Nye County charged $15 per gun last time I checked.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got an address change done in Washoe County. 20 minutes wait plus 5 minutes to get a new card printed. $15...

LRdrvr
Reno, NV
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, it's 9/4 and still no new permit. So much for 7-10 business days.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
ok, whats the cost for a brand new CCW.  i dont have one yet, but im getting ready to buy a hand gun, and a CCW is something i deffenetly want to get.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ok, whats the cost for a brand new CCW.  i dont have one yet, but im getting ready to buy a hand gun, and a CCW is something i deffenetly want to get.

Are you 21 yet?

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Figure between $80 to $125 for a group class. I charge $150 for a private class, and that includes the paperwork for Utah and Florida. Cost to apply to Metro is $105. Utah is $59 plus the cost of fingerprints and photos. Florida is $117 plus fingerprints and photos.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my new permit in the mail today (9/05). It has all nine of my guns on a single permit, no more extra card to carry around.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Jim, so do you go 7-10 days without a permit while you wait for the new one???
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#13]
No, I still have my old permit(s), I just can't carry the new gun until I get the new permit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Umm, yea.  Im older then 21, but not by much.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I suppose it is advantageous then for a Las Vegas CCW holder to just get all their handguns listed on the permit at one time.

It is my understanding that each gun added to a CCW must have a licensed instructor sign off that they witnessed the shooting qualification.  

Does anybody know of an instructor who will do this for a permit holder that doesn't need any class instruction, just the weapons qualification?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I just called a couple of the indoor ranges yesterday (9/5) about this (getting signed off on additional guns, plus the first-time class info for a neighbor).

American Shooter's Supply at Arville & Spring Mountain charges $10/gun if you bring your own ammo, or $15/gun if they supply the ammo.  No appointment necessary, just show up and tell them what you need to do.  Their CCW class for first-timers is $125, and only offered every so often, so you have to call and check the schedule, sign up in advance, etc.  Their next class is scheduled for the 13th.

Discount Firearms on Boulder Highway in Henderson is $10/gun.  No mention of ammo; I assume it's not included but they'll be happy to sell you some.  :)  For a semi-auto, you need 36 rounds.  They usually have someone there who can sign you off, but call first just to make sure.  Their first-timers class is $80, and they have classes scheduled on the 13th and 27th of this month.

If your money isn't tight, however, I'd recommend going with a private class from Jim for the initial permit.  He's a good guy, he's taught at FrontSight, and he has other credentials I've forgotten.  I originally met him at a FS class when they were in CA, so when I moved here I got my CCW through Jim.  If your money is tight, you can call Spurlock's and see if they've got a class scheduled.  I believe he teaches their CCW classes, and I've heard the cost is somewhere around $80-85.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top