Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 12:21:36 PM EDT
I wanted to see about getting the feed ramps on my AR-15 polished up.  They seem to scratch the bullets up something fierce and while I haven't had feed problems yet, it's one of those back-of the mind concerns.  

Anybody that can be recommended?

Or is this something somebody has some instructions on that can be done with a Dremel or such?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
In my limited experience with AR gunsmiths here in the valley they all fall into 2 camps.........one wants OUTRAGES $ just to look at your weapon and the other is just way too busy with LE work.

If you do find someone, please let us know.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This town sucks when it comes to any kind of gunsmithing, there are a ton of great companies in Phoenix for that. I'm taking some of my target rifles to get refinished in Phoenix, no one here does it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
THATS BS BOB!!!!
I do BEAD BLASTING and PARKING once a week, And " SMALL ARMS REPAIR "

DENNIS of AA GUNSMITHING does all forms of refinishing, And gunsmithing. Dennis does great work too!!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]
AA? That place near Cheetahs?

Edit to add...Larry, easy on the ---->
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy Jesus, where will it all end?  
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
MY MAG58 came in MONDAY, I'm so happy, now i'm ready for all of those night shoots that RICH puts together. """" I dont want to fight with BOB, I want to play with my new toy""""

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
You mean this????

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/machine_guns/dsa/dsa5.html

Whoa....have fun!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats what she looked like Mon when she came in,

This is what she will look like by the next DBS.

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
This is what she looks like tonight, I just finished the receiver ( bead blasted, then reparkerizing )  To tired to do the barrel tonight, Hopefuly the hand guard and heat sheild comes in next week, And the scope rail stock from Brownells so i can mill out and mount the rail to the top cover.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice set up, man.  Hope to see it at the next DBS.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I have over 3000rds of 308 linked, When shes finished my friends and i are going to shoot the shit out of her!!!!!!    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top