Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 7:49:30 PM EDT
Hi Guys,
The date for the June DBS has been set.  Because of the "warm" weather, we are going to try a late afternoon/night shoot.  The date will be Saturday the 28th.  Set up will be 4ish and go till ???  There is even some talk about maybe some of us camping out there.  I hope we get a good turn out this month especially some outtatowners!  I have at least 3 coming from the golden state.  See y'all there!!!

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Good idea about the night shoot.  Makes it easier for me to make it, too.  

See you all there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Rick,
You guys camping this time?

Ryan....I need a ride....hahahha!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there for the shoot.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not want to start a new thread for this but I am selling one of my AR's.
Let me know if anyone is interested......

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=170053

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#6]
In the last several days I have been asked for directions to "The Pit" by several people.  Here is a map and some arial photos of where it is.
Looks like we are going to have lots of new people out next week by the sound of it.  Hope to see you all next Saturday.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Question
How does the DBS work?
Who gets to shoot?

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Question
How does the DBS work?
Who gets to shoot?

Its rather easy..............

People bring guns..........
Then they shoot them!

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#9]
no cost??
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Free as dirt

The DBS is just a chance for a bunch of guys to get together each month and BS and shoot.  Sloan is great because it is wide open with a huge backdrop.  40 vehicles could easily back up to the shooting line.  No club, no fees just good and safe shooters having fun.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Free as dirt

The DBS is just a chance for a bunch of guys to get together each month and BS and shoot.  Sloan is great because it is wide open with a huge backdrop.  40 vehicles could easily back up to the shooting line.  No club, no fees just good and safe shooters having fun.

Amen!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
heres some pics:

glock 18c's

jayson shooting some ones pdw

me and my son's sw5

half the line

some KAL's shooting my 36's

smoke-em, if you got them

the line

our heros

DBS night shoots

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#13]
me and my dad will be there.  

Since it looks like alot of people bring ar's, or m16, do they let others shoot there riffles, and if so, do they charge??
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Since it looks like alot of people bring ar's, or m16, do they let others shoot there riffles, and if so, do they charge??

Usually it's load your own ammo and shoot.  For FREE FREE FREE. Whatever you do to return the favor is up to you.  We're all nice guys.  SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT, heck, you can even fire my Mosin....the unspoken initiation rule is to not use earplugs when firing (snicker....), Okay?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Just grab yourself some .223 before Saturday and bring it with you.  As long as you are willing to load the mags you can use any of my semi AR's and maybe get some trigger time on someone's FA.  The guys are more than happy to share as long as you are safe and don't abuse their weapons.  Just come out and have some fun!  See you around 4ish.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:33:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I have no clue, What BIGEDMOND is getting the M16 thing at,????

THERES  FN'S, HK'S, COLT'S, BROWINGS, UZI'S, GLOCKS, WW1 AND WW2 SHIT, MODERN AND ULTRA-MODERN ,IT'S ALL OUT THERE. !!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll have some semi-auto M1A rifles and one select fire M1A.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have no clue, What BIGEDMOND is getting the M16 thing at,????

THERES  FN'S, HK'S, COLT'S, BROWINGS, UZI'S, GLOCKS, WW1 AND WW2 SHIT, MODERN AND ULTRA-MODERN ,IT'S ALL OUT THERE. !!!!!!

I just mostly interested in AR-15/m-16's.  I know there will be other types of weapons out there.  Hell were brining an SKS, a FN-FAL, 30.30 winchester, and one of my dads 308's.  

Hopefully, ill get some money that my friend owes me this week before sat, and be able to get get myself an AR-15 from bills, since he seems to have a good price on a olympic arms m4, with an a3 upper.  Going there no matter what to get some .223 ammo either way.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Bigedmond, why not send RickinVegas an IM about putting in for some ammo on the next run.  The prices are better than what you'll get at Bills, and it will be here before the DBS so you don't have to worry about timing.

Here's a link to the ammo buy: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=170655
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Bigedmond,
Dude, the ammo order is closed but I got an extra case of 223 wolf and its yours if you want it.  I just got the final pricing from J&G and have to still add everything up but it looks like we will be paying @$95/1000 out the door.  If you want it just let me know and I will put your name on it.  It will probably cost you $50 more if you buy it at any shop in town.

You won't be sorry if you pick up that OLY from Bill's.  Definately the best buy in town if you need some instant gratification.  A3 with carry handle, hardcase and sling for less than $800.  I have 3000 rounds through mine already with NO problems.  Just do it!

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Just a heads up for those coming out to Sloan for the first time........

Be careful shooting at any of the cutouts you pass leading in to the pit. Those areas are the ones usually used by the "I gots me a six-pack and a new sks from Big 5, lets take our trash out and shoot at it!" crowd. BLM LE patrols that area real hard and I have seen some people do some pretty stupid things in those areas. On the other side of the coin, BLM is very supportive of our "group" shooting at the pit. They have basically given us pretty free reign and have even let us shoot when the rest of the area is closed to everyone else. While we don't have to pick up our brass, we do not leave any trash or crap. This is a VERY important relationship that we have built up with BLM and no one wants to see it damaged or anyone hurt by the jerks.

Just my thoughts.

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You won't be sorry if you pick up that OLY from Bill's.  Definately the best buy in town if you need some instant gratification.  A3 with carry handle, hardcase and sling for less than $800.  I have 3000 rounds through mine already with NO problems.  Just do it!

I went to bills today to look at the Oly m4.  Its nice.  But they had the same riffle from bushmaster for $820.00, verses the 789.95 they wanted for the oly.  When it comes time for me to buy, i will probably spend the extra 40 bucks for the bushmater.  

The oly stock, is teh first stock that feld weird on my cheek.  The bushmaster felt better.  I guess this weekend will tell for sure on the Oly.  I got 120 round to fire, and that should be pretty good indication if i like it.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Hi rickinvegas,

Is the PIT available to anyone or to anybody who want to shoot everyweek? I am not a member of any gun range here but I am thinking of the Boulder City Rifle and Pistol Club to join. I can only shoot Wednesday and Thursday (9:00am-4:00pm) in which my days-off from work.

Thanks and Regards, Badnews_III
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Its BLM land.  Belongs to all of us.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I think I'll be able to make it too. I've got a new rifle I need to test fire.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I think I'll be able to make it too. I've got a new rifle I need to test fire.

What kind of rifle did you get, Fingers?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I picked up a DSA STG58 FAL. I'll be bringing it with me tonight. Probably bring an AR too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Hi Guys,

I thought I will be making it today/tonight there but my son is not feeling good and I need to take care of him today. I will be there next month then,,,,,, aarrrgghhhhh.

Anyway, have fun guys and take care.

Regards, Badnews_III
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#29]
My plans were to go and meet some of you folks today, but all my toys were locked up and I didn't have access to the safe until 9pm. :( Maybe next month tho.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Those of you who missed it really lost out!  There was a great turnout this time, I'd estimate about 60 or so showed, shot and bullshitted.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh and that propane explosion lit up the night sky and cinged my nose hairs.....=)  Don't worry, there's always next month!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#32]
The green camo outfit was interesting too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Those of you who missed it really lost out!  There was a great turnout this time, I'd estimate about 60 or so showed, shot and bullshitted.

From the looks of the video link you guys posted from the previous shoot, I think the best thing would be to line them all up and head west. Change the California State flag to that cool cobalt blue background and "Battle Born" phrase!

Two things, what does DBS stand for, and when is the next one?

(originally posted under wrong thread)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Welcome Hawk,

Love your idea but believe me, you are not the first one to suggest it.

As for DBS?  Don't really know who started it (long before I came to town) but it stands for Desert Buffet Shoot.  The DBS is as much social as shoot.  Thats not to say there is not a lot of shooting going on (the videos attest to that) its just that the folks that attend also like to meet eachother.  I personally have only been involved since January and everyone immediately made me feel welcome.  Just a great bunch!  
As for the next one?  Still being decided but the post will go up as soon as it is. (probably within the next few days)

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Sounds/looks like a great bunch of guys. I'll keep an eye out for the date. Most likely the family and I would have been out on Saturday but I'm still healing from a severed tendon in my wrist (work related). Will bring my Barrett 99 (not the best rehab for a bum wrist) and new (to me) Rem700 in AICS that I bought out of the EE.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Oh and that propane explosion lit up the night sky and cinged my nose hairs.....=)  Don't worry, there's always next month!

You must buy...
You must buy...
You must buy...

Propane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top