Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2023 5:14:10 PM EDT
I know the public range by Minong goes to 400yds, are there any longer ones up north?  Looking for 600-700.

Getting a good precision setup soon and will definitely want to see what it can do.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall any, but can't you just use Nicolet-Cheq NF?
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Not Wisconsin, but farther north. And 600 yards.

Neagaunee Rod and Gun Club
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not Wisconsin, but farther north. And 600 yards.

Neagaunee Rod and Gun Club
View Quote

That's over 4 hours from me, I'm on the WI/MN border.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's an option if I can find a clear cut, but I'll need a laser range finder.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Then Eau Claire should be closer.

Eau Claire National Rifle Club

Edit: I used to shoot at ECNRC several times a year when I lived to shoot Highpower. They were a great bunch of people that were always eager to help new shooters.

I shot some of my best scores there.

And some of my worst.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's an option if I can find a clear cut, but I'll need a laser range finder.
View Quote

Good luck with that. None on Nicolet side that I know of. I live right next to it, hunt in it all the time. I can't think of a single spot where you can shoot 200 yds that's not shooting across a lake or down a road. Even 100 yds is hard to find, with a safe backstop. 600? LOL... They don't "clear cut" in Natl Forests anymore. There may still be some on Chequamagon side, I can't speak for that forest.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good luck with that. None on Nicolet side that I know of. I live right next to it, hunt in it all the time. I can't think of a single spot where you can shoot 200 yds that's not shooting across a lake or down a road. Even 100 yds is hard to find, with a safe backstop. 600? LOL... They don't "clear cut" in Natl Forests anymore. There may still be some on Chequamagon side, I can't speak for that forest.
View Quote

Thanks.  I usually don't venture too far past Brule or Iron River when I'm bird hunting so I couldn't really think of an area out that way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Then Eau Claire should be closer.

Eau Claire National Rifle Club

Edit: I used to shoot at ECNRC several times a year when I lived to shoot Highpower. They were a great bunch of people that were always eager to help new shooters.

I shot some of my best scores there.

And some of my worst.
View Quote

Thanks.  I'll probably get some practice at 4-500yds and then see if I can head down there sometime.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Indianhead appears to have a 600 yd range, but you might need approval to do so.  Linky
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
IRPC (Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club) does have an auxiliary range that goes out to 600 yds.  As well as benches at shorter distances.  Auxiliary range 400-600 yd shooters may need to be an actual member (not sure if a guest qualifies), and fill out/get approved the appropriate form (400-600 yard registration/rule acknowledgement form),  before you can shoot past 300 yds.  The form is basically a filled out bullet drop table that demonstrates applicants have some clue.  There are some other restrictions that an applicant can read about on the website. Only one form needs to be filled out and approved, not a form for each caliber/rifle/load combination.

Applicants also need to be aware of, and follow the general rules as well as the sop for each specific range.

edited to remove a possible inadvertent insult of using "you", instead of generalized "applicant"
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IRPC (Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club) does have an auxiliary range that goes out to 600 yds.  As well as benches at shorter distances.  Auxiliary range 400-600 yd shooters may need to be an actual member (not sure if a guest qualifies), and fill out/get approved the appropriate form (400-600 yard registration/rule acknowledgement form),  before you can shoot past 300 yds.  The form is basically a filled out bullet drop table that demonstrates applicants have some clue.  There are some other restrictions that an applicant can read about on the website. Only one form needs to be filled out and approved, not a form for each caliber/rifle/load combination.

Applicants also need to be aware of, and follow the general rules as well as the sop for each specific range.

edited to remove a possible inadvertent insult of using "you", instead of generalized "applicant"
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

you're welcome
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's what I do.
View Quote

Where, if you don't mind sharing? IIRC, you're near me on Nicolet side.

There's an old gravel pit on Sheltered Valley Rd, between Military & Divide, east of Three Lakes. But it's not all that big. Every other place that I can think of is either down a fire lane or road, or across a bog or lake.  15-20 years ago, I knew of a few good clear cuts, but all the old clear cuts are now grown over.  I've got quite a few spots where I can shoot out to about 200 yds through the trees when the leaves are down. But none after it greens up, nor are any where you can drive right up to.

FWIW, it's the only place I go to shoot handguns. I now drive up to my daughter's 60 acres outside Watersmeet for rifles. I can shoot up to 300 yds down her own private road. It's 35 miles away. There's a new clear cut on paper company land that adjoins her land on one side, other 3 sides are Ottawa N.F.. I can now shoot out to 1,000 yds across it. It's miles behind a locked gate, but this summer we're cutting a new trail through her woods so I can drive right up to it in my UTV.  I rarely use an established range anymore, except for clay birds (I have a 12v powered thrower I use at the Conover range). Using that on N.F. lands will get you a littering citation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Summit lake game farm has a 1000 yd range.

They are located 20 minutes south of Hayward
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

sent them an email inquiring about it several years ago, never got a response.  Have you ever used it?
thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

All I see on their Facebook page is sporting clays and bird hunts.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

All I see on their Facebook page is sporting clays and bird hunts.
View Quote

web page under faq's

no telling if it is out of date or what
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

sent them an email inquiring about it several years ago, never got a response.  Have you ever used it?
thanks
View Quote

I think it's more of a private range.  I've heard of it though.  

I think there is another 600 in the area, same deal.  You don't want people who have no idea what they're doing trying to lob 55gr bullets at 1k with a PSA carbine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think there is another 600 in the area, same deal.  You don't want people who have no idea what they're doing trying to lob 55gr bullets at 1k with a PSA carbine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

Very possible to be private / invite only.  I know of one individual that used it a few years ago.  That individual has his shit together.  Rso, shoots 3 gun, and uspsa well at the regional levels, etc .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top