Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2022 10:12:53 AM EDT
On May 9th, I ordered a Tru Glo TFO front sight for a Ruger SR9C, from Natchez SS. They shipped it on May 10th. No beef with them.

I chose the cheapest shipping (Fed Ex smartpost... which I will never do again), which at $15 isn't exactly "cheap", but UPS was $7 more. The sight was only $43. Now it's in a Fed Ex "loop". I've had this same shit before with LED headlights from Ebay that went from Ohio to South Dakota, then MN, to get to WI.

It left TN on tuesday the 10th, and was in Chicago on wednesday the 11th. So far so good...it's heading north.

It sat there in Chicago for 5 days until it was shipped to New Berlin WI on Monday the 16th. Still heading the right direction, north, after it was well rested up from that exhausting 1 day journey to Chicago.

Expected delivery was today, May 20th. It sat in New Berlin another 4 days, until it departed there yesterday.

Where did it go? Back to Chicago. Wait... that's south of New Berlin, right?

I hope the tritium still works when it finally gets here.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I refuse to use Fedex when possible. They regularly get shipping loops, delays, or generally deliver whenever they feel like it. They decided that they only come my way twice a week. I've had packages sit on their truck for days while they decide to come my way.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid for UPS on my latest LBT Inc order and they still shipped it fedex

At least it got to my house in a timely manner.

Fedex is the worst of the worst when it comes to shipping
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I placed an order with Midway USA on May 17th, a full 8 days after ordering from Natchez on May 9th. Natchez order is using Fed Ex "Smartpost", Midway order (a much larger package), is using the free UPS Mail innovations. Distance from both beginning points is about the same. Both deliveries are ultimately made by my mailman.

The Natchez item was scheduled for delivery today, it never arrived, as it's now going backwards to Chicago, where it sat for 5 days last week. The Midway order is scheduled for Tuesday-5/24, and it's already at the postal sorting facility in Oshkosh. I am 100% confident the UPS/Midway package gets here first, and is even a day early. The Fed Ex is probably more than a few days away.  Fuck Fed Ex. The last item I received from Fed Ex was actually delivered by them to someone else, who brought it here to me.

Update, Sat 5/21, 7:30am :

Fed Ex "Smartpost" package from TN, shipped on May 10th, sits in Chicago for 2nd time, estimated delivery has been updated to "Pending, no date availabe at this time"...  IOW, "We don't have a fucking clue".

UPS "mail innovations" package from MO, shipped on May 18th, arrived at Rhinelander postal facility at 3am this morning, and there's a fair chance it will be delivered today. Tracking now has been updated to "out for delivery".

And...delivered, 3 days early.

Meanwhile, Fed Ex says "What package?".
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I always use UPS. Main reason is they will hold my packages at the depot. Then I go down and pick them up on my time. NO MORE sitting around waiting ALL fricken day for a driver to show up or not. Just watch the tracking. Pick them up on my way home from work.

Being an home based FFL, Fed Ex driver dropped thousands of dollars worth of guns on my front door step. Suppose to be required signature. Right in front, clearly in view of the road only 75 feet, stacked on the steps. Figure they sat there for 6-8 hours with nobody around. Luckily all was OK but no more risking that again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Being an home based FFL, Fed Ex driver dropped thousands of dollars worth of guns on my front door step. Suppose to be required signature. Right in front, clearly in view of the road only 75 feet, stacked on the steps. Figure they sat there for 6-8 hours with nobody around. Luckily all was OK but no more risking that again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, they've gotten really bad over the passed 2-3 years. The flight schedule used to make them one of the fastest up here, but now the total collapse of their logistics has led to massive slowdowns.

Lately, UPS is the most reliable here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, they've gotten really bad over the passed 2-3 years. The flight schedule used to make them one of the fastest up here, but now the total collapse of their logistics has led to massive slowdowns.

Lately, UPS is the most reliable here.
View Quote

Agree on UPS now being most reliable here. I havent had any issues with USPS either. But Fed Ex Ground has been terrible. And now that you mention it, it has been just the last few years. They used to be the most reliable. I buy a lot from Sportsman's Guide, I have since they started back in the 1970s, and they use Fed Ex exclusively. My last two orders from them were delivered to the wrong house. Another one never showed up, it was "lost". SG made good on it, sent another at no charge to me.

I placed an order at Midway USA on May 17th, shipped on the 18th by UPS "mail innovations" - the equivalant to FedEx's "smart post" - and it got here on Saturday the 21st. And because my order was over $49, it was free. My only beef with Natchez was they charged me $15 for this crappy Fed Ex service. I just contacted them and asked if my package was lost?

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like the tracking info is what's all screwed up at fed ex. My package arrived at my local post office this afternoon, delivery scheduled for tomorrow. So it did not return to Chicago from New Berlin on Friday as the tracking said, or it wouldn't be here today. It was probably turned over to USPS after New Berlin, but tracking info was incorrect. I checked tracking info about 1 pm, it still said it was in Chicago. But it arrived at Eagle River post office today at 3:05pm.

It still shouldn't take 1 day to go from TN to Chicago, then 13 days to go from Chicago to Eagle River. If it had legs it could walk that distance in less than 13 days. UPS mail innovation system took only 3 days from Missouri.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Hats off to NatchezSS customer service.

On monday morning i sent customer service an email complaining about FedEx delivery screwups. (I did finally receive item yesterday, the tracking info was messed up).

Natchez SS didnt reply to my email. Nope ... they called me on the phone this morning, to make sure it was actually delivered to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top