Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2021 4:04:06 PM EDT
Wow, have things changed.

Bells & whistles, electronic everything. A rolling computer...with 4 wheel drive. It doesn't even need any keys. No wonder they cost as much as they do. I could never afford a new $100K F-250 King Ranch.

2021 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Lux is in our garage, just brought it home.  V6, towing package, and "comfort & convenience" group (which does everything but wipe your ass when you shit) was more in our price range. Wife's new ride. Way more complicated than my 04 Wrangler Rubicon or her last new car, a 2010 Malibu (which now belongs to our youngest granddaughter).

We're reading the owners manual now... thick enough to probably stop a 9mm round.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wow, have things changed.

View Quote

Yep they have quit a bit since your last new car. They dont need to be hand cranked to start anymore.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep they have quit a bit since your last new car. They dont need to be hand cranked to start anymore.

View Quote

Handcranked? LOL... my first 'ride' had 4 legs, a mane, bridle, and 'real leather' seat. Back when horsepower was much easier to count. Methane gas was it's only "emissions". It was a 3 speed... canter, trot, gallop...
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Handcranked? LOL... my first 'ride' had 4 legs, a mane, bridle, and 'real leather' seat. Back when horsepower was much easier to count. Methane gas was it's only "emissions". It was a 3 speed... canter, trot, gallop...
View Quote
And fuel economy was measured in OPM, oats per mile.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
This isnt a thread about whether you would buy a new car or not~ussrangersm

Thanks for the censorship. Regardless of what the point of the thread was what gives you the right to change my reply???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top