Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:08:47 PM EDT
We have legal ccw.  I still have Sherman and Doyle nightmares and heck, chwala or whatever his name was, flashbacks.   I peek at my wallet now and then to make sure that card is still there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
At least you got yours.  I am am coming up on the 45 day mark and nothing so far.   That's form the day they took the money from my
account not the day I sent it in.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

At least you got yours.  I am am coming up on the 45 day mark and nothing so far.   That's form the day they took the money from my

Hope you get yours very soon.  Same for the others waiting.  I received on day 45, and it seems like forever, especially since fighting in the Doyle days.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
It's been a long time coming. We really had a great year in WI for firearm rights. Let's hope the recall fails, so that the dems don't try to undo this.

CCW
Uncased weapons in vehicles
Castle Doctrine
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I mailed 11/14, check cashed 11/25. Assuming they received it 11/16, I'm just past day 45 too...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not trying to rub it in for the people still waiting.

However I've probably already gotten to the point of taking it completely for granted. I'm probably more worried that I'll forget I've got my Glock 26, or at least the KT P32 with a CT laser I pocket carry er.. "when I'm not armed" should something arise that I actually need them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We have legal ccw.  I still have Sherman and Doyle nightmares and heck, chwala or whatever his name was, flashbacks.   I peek at my wallet now and then to make sure that card is still there.

I don't have mine yet, but I made sure to send Walker $100 on his site.  I may send him some more soon.  It's the least I can do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hear you.  I catch myself checking my wallet frequently to make sure it's not a dream.  Still a bit nervous getting in a car and driving through town...keep checking "this is legal now, right?"  First trip with freshly printed permit: OWB (didn't have my IWB holster yet), XD40 covered by my jacket and drove to a gas station to fill up.  Figured this would be a good way to get my CCW feet wet; get out in public, have some business to do and not have to step foot inside a building.  Being calm, jacket's concealing well while pumping gas and a cop pulls in.  I got a bit nervous...thinking oh oh...this is legal, right?.  We'll all was fine.  Got my IWB holster just before Christmas and was carrying the whole time we were driving to all the relatives.  Nobody, including the wife had no idea I was carrying (I still don't tell her)  That was a real confidence booster to be in close proximity to someone, getting in and out of cars, doing all the other normal stuff and she never knew (don't worry, she'd say something).  Must be concealing well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope you get yours very soon.  Same for the others waiting.  I received on day 45, and it seems like forever, especially since fighting in the Doyle days.  

Ours came today.   46 days from the day the checks cleared.
On a side note just got back from shopping, no one fled screaming, no kids were hurt, and  I doubt if anyone noticed the 1911 that was concealed under the jacket
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm so used to wearing already, I don't step out the door without my XD, only time I don't have it is going to the bar and picking up my son from school when i have him. I was a bit nervous the first day, and that's it, after that I've been totally fine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
mailed on Nov 15
check cashed Nov 25
received today
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
it was not much of a change for me, as i always carry around the house, and while at work. so it is just less of a pain in the ass to unholster and reholster.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been carrying since Nov 4th, I am finally settled in with it.  I have been carrying a G17 in a supertuck with no problems.  I often will remove my coat at a restaurant and rely only on my t shirt to conceal it.  As far as I know, I have not been made, nor has my shirt failed to stay in place.

My biggest issue now is carrying reloads in a comfortable way.  I still have to remind myself that I haven't always been able to carry.  It just feel too normal now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I still have pictures of Chuck Chvala, Doyle, Gary Sherman, Terry Van Akkeran, and John Steinbrink on my dart board.

It didn't take me long to get used to it, as I've been carrying in MN on visits to my daughter's for 5 years, and have all the "bugs" worked out of the holsters, etc.. My biggest issue now is forgetting it's there and going somewhere prohibited or posted, unwittingly. Posted buildings are few and far between up north. I did some work a few days ago on a posted warehouse building (only the 2nd posted building I've encountered). I was there for over an hour, working on a rear door, before I saw the "no guns" sign posted on the wall above the door. It was a 12" X 12" sign, but it was 10' off the ground. Oops. It was an employee entrance, and I honestly did not see the no guns sign 'camoflauged' amid 4  or 5 other signs on the wall. My truck was only 20' away, so I walked back to it, and unholstered my Kahr and put it under my seat.

I have remembered to unholster and leave my pistol in my truck before going into the post office every time. ... so far.

When I peak in my wallet I see 3 carry permits, but for a change, I've got a "local" one.  That's what feels so nice.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I had never been interested in uber-light carry pistols before.  While I normally carry my G19 I now have a PF9 with a pocket holster I can grab for milk runs to the store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top