Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 8:50:59 AM EDT
Only been back to WI for almost a year now, and just joined the forums a few weeks ago.  Just thought I would stop in and say hi.  My gun collection is rather small right now, only a Sig p229, but slowly building up (since i no longer have a wife to say no).
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the "Black Rifle Disease Support Group" forum.

Add your name and location to the "Hometown" thread at the top of the page and your councilor will contact you shortly. (on what to buy next )

Respectfully submitted,
Shooterer
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Welcome to the "Black Rifle Disease Support Enablers Group" forum.

Add your name and location to the "Hometown" thread at the top of the page and your councilor will contact you shortly. (on what to buy next )

Respectfully submitted,
Shooterer

fixed that for you
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the forum, and Wisconsin.    

If you only own one pistol you should know how to use it before you buy more.   There is a training class coming up very soon in Racine.   Tactical Response is holding it.   Not sure if it is full up yet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I can shoot, hold it on the side right, gangsta style?  (kidding)  but classes are always fun :)

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome.

As the saying goes....  Be wary of the man with only one gun, cause they really know how to use it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Enablers... you beat me to it!!!

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Run..... you fools.

( seriously , get out before ARFCOM ruin your checking account, your marriage, makes your car stop running and your dishwasher stop working.)

That said.... Welcome
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Being a Sig guy myself I would have to say you are good to go.
Welcome
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Run..... you fools.

( seriously , get out before ARFCOM ruin your checking account, your marriage, makes your car stop running and your dishwasher stop working.)

That said.... Welcome

I believe the quote is: "Fly...you fools."  You'd think a guy with Gandolf in his title would know that.

But, welcome aboard, OP.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Run..... you fools.

That said.... Welcome

I believe the quote is: "Fly...you fools."  You'd think a guy with Gandolf in his title would know that.

But, welcome aboard, OP.

I read the book in Middle school ( which was a REALLY REALLY long time ago)  and saw the movie last month, In the movie it's "run" , I have no idea if it is fly in the book
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks all,

I know gun are bad, because you always want more.  I have about 6 in mind right now that id buy if i had the funds... but i dont, so just gotta work on them one at a time (unless my VA claim goes through, then I'll have a good 3 years of backpay to get some new toys).  Hope to be able to get out with some of you (who are in the madison area at least) and get some shooting in with someone other than my GF :)
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Run..... you fools.

That said.... Welcome

But, welcome aboard, OP.

I read the book in Middle school ( which was a REALLY REALLY long time ago)  and saw the movie last month, In the movie it's "run" , I have no idea if it is fly in the book

Dude, get your ears checked.  At 3:23, "Fly you fools"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44kBN340vd4

I'm actually not sure what it is in the book.  FMD could probably set us straight.  (Seriously, he's a big LOTR geek.  I'm just a big geek. )

OP: Yes, this is really how we act here.  Are you sure you want in on this?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Run..... you fools.

That said.... Welcome

But, welcome aboard, OP.

Dude, get your ears checked.  At 3:23, "Fly you fools"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44kBN340vd4

I'm actually not sure what it is in the book.  FMD could probably set us straight.  (Seriously, he's a big LOTR geek.  I'm just a big geek. )

OP: Yes, this is really how we act here.  Are you sure you want in on this?

WTF?!?!!??!?!

Need to go re watch my copy and see .... I would've bet he said "run"
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#16]
i thought it was "run" too

edit

then again, watching the scene, it could be "ride you fools" or "rive you fools" or "fry you fools"... his "L" is kinda jacked up in the word
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i thought it was "run" too

edit

then again, watching the scene, it could be "ride you fools" or "rive you fools" or "fry you fools"... his "L" is kinda jacked up in the word

Watch it with the sub titles on.

Gandolf actually says: "Fly!" a few times when they are running from the Balrog.  I think it's a British thing.

S&P: If I had wanted to be a jerk, I'd have offered to bet.  But then, I was already sure what the line was.  (I double checked.)
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to the madness friend.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top