Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:44:18 PM EDT
Really dont know what to say other than WTF were they thinking? Really why would a range even allow this? Guess the photog never heard of a TRIPOD with a wireless REMOTE.

http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/Tactical_Resp/?action=view&current=MVI_1778.flv

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see a huge issue.  If the shooter shoots straight, there's no danger to the cameraman, plus, as a shooter, you have to be on your game.  No goofing around like you find on many square ranges.  I've done stuff like this in training, and in the mil.  Funny how nobody's gotten shot, yet on "safety" ranges, people have been.

Then again, this has been hashed out all over the firearms internet, and usually a shitstorm follows.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:18:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't see a huge issue.  If the shooter shoots straight, there's no danger to the cameraman, plus, as a shooter, you have to be on your game.  No goofing around like you find on many square ranges.  I've done stuff like this in training, and in the mil.  Funny how nobody's gotten shot, yet on "safety" ranges, people have been.

Then again, this has been hashed out all over the firearms internet, and usually a shitstorm follows.

My only concern is that from the looks of it, this is a handgun one class. Few of the students looked comfortable with their gun handling (not like it is second nature at least).

Would I do this in front of just anyone? Nope, not a chance.  Would I do this in front a select group of shooters? Yep, but there are very very few people I would do it with.

I guess it all depends on if the instructor feels comfortable and if the shooters feel comfortable with the situation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Take it to the GD http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=886784
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top