Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2008 6:14:46 AM EDT
Due to complaints this offer is no longer available. Those who placed orders will get what they ordered.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Edit Sorry offer closed. Anyone commited will get what they ordered.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
IM sent
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd be in if I didn't have to drive all the way across WI.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd be in if I didn't have to drive all the way across WI.

Sorry the Gubment only lets me do business at the address on the FFl or a gun show.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#6]
In!  

On the lower AND tomorrow!
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Edit see above
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
What about me?
Oh you did IM me back.
My bad.
I'll take one
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
With the new 4473 now requires the purchaser of a stripped lower to be 21, doesn't it?

The closest I'd be to Milwaukee is Madison during the week of Thanksgiving anyway...

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here is the list of people that have committed to purchasing.

Be advised I cannot guarantee the price. If the manufacturer raises the price I may have to as well. I am doing this to help out the guys that want 1 or 2 lowers and cannot seem to get them becaues of the horders and the profiteers. For those that have seen these prices, know they are well below the $160 people are getting for them.

Week 1:
Unique1: 1 Lower
DSB: 2 Lowers

Week 2:
newblkrifle: 1

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Might I enquire as to whose lowers?
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:
With the new 4473 now requires the purchaser of a stripped lower to be 21, doesn't it?

The closest I'd be to Milwaukee is Madison during the week of Thanksgiving anyway...  

Don't see how it could.

If it's going out as a pistol then I can see that, but thats the only way.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Don't see how it could.
Looked into it further...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2112138/posts
The new "Other" category, which includes stripped lowers, precludes anyone under 21 y.o. from purchasing a stripped lower from an FFL...
Well that just sucks.

At least I got one AR when I had the chance...only way I can buy a stripped lower for the next 1+ year is private party.
I guess I can still buy new lower halves with the stock already installed? I think that would then qualify it as a rifle? I'll have to look into that.
I guess this is just more epic win coming out of the BATFE...

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Edit See above.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Please put me down for one,IM sent also
thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't see how it could.

Looked into it further...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2112138/posts

The new "Other" category, which includes stripped lowers, precludes anyone under 21 y.o. from purchasing a stripped lower from an FFL...

Well that just sucks.

At least I got one AR when I had the chance...only way I can buy a stripped lower for the next 1+ year is private party.

I guess I can still buy new lower halves with the stock already installed? I think that would then qualify it as a rifle? I'll have to look into that.

I guess this is just more epic win coming out of the BATFE...

Ok so where is the law that says you have to be 21 to buy a stripped lower? BATFE can not just arbitrarily say you must be this tall to ride.

They can out it on the 4473 all they want doesn't mean it's law. Of course there is no CLEO sign-off in the NFA either and BATFE gets away with that shit too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#17]
stripped  lowers or recievers, can be made into a rifle OR a pistol.  and since you have to be 21 to buy a pistol from a ffl, you also have to be 21 to buy a reciever or stripped lower.  atf said it was always a rule, they just are explaining/enforcing it a little more now.  also a pistol gripped shotgun is in the "other" catagory now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:29:08 AM EDT
[#18]
which manufacturer?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
stripped  lowers or recievers, can be made into a rifle OR a pistol.  and since you have to be 21 to buy a pistol from a ffl, you also have to be 21 to buy a reciever or stripped lower.  atf said it was always a rule, they just are explaining/enforcing it a little more now.  also a pistol gripped shotgun is in the "other" catagory now.

Bullshit. I've never been told I had to be 21 to buy a stripped lower UNLESS it was being purchased as a pistol.

ATF DID arbitrarily decide this, it's not in the laws anywhere that a STRIPPED lower can only be bought by someone over 21.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I just got off the phone with the ATF.

I was told that the law reads.

No one under the age of 21 may purchase a firearm other than a rifle or shotgun. Because a stripped lower is listed as a firearm and neither a rifle or shotgun, a person needs to be 21 years of age or older.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Tell the ATF I said HI!!

So, I should have my upper  lower end of next week? Sweet!

Find me a machine like I IM'd you about, and everything to make it work.Thanks Flame!

Any word on if you and the Mrs are coming north?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No one under the age of 21 may purchase a firearm other than a rifle or shotgun. Because a stripped lower is listed as a firearm and neither a rifle or shotgun, a person needs to be 21 years of age or older.

Yet they allowed shit loads of sales prior to this new 4473 of stripped lowers to people under 21 if they were not going out as pistols.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If it's not a rifle or shotgun, shouldn't background checks be done at the State DOJ  like when buying a handgun? Which brings up the question of - will there then be a 48 hr state-mandated "waiting period"?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't at all mean to steal Todd's thunder, but since he's out of lowers, I'd suggest to everyone that wants a lower give PT Firearms in Cross Plains a call (608-798-0880) -last check they had 4-5 in stock and had 10 Spike's pictogram lowers coming in soon as well -just spreading the info around .
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't at all mean to steal Todd's thunder, but since he's out of lowers, I'd suggest to everyone that wants a lower give PT Firearms in Cross Plains a call (608-798-0880) -last check they had 4-5 in stock and had 10 Spike's pictogram lowers coming in soon as well -just spreading the info around .

Shooter's Shop in West Allis has dozens of lowers.  LAR Grizzley's, Rock River, DPMS, and a couple others.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Gotz 1 ordered from Flame
And 1 each of these

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shooter's Shop in West Allis has dozens of lowers.  LAR Grizzley's, Rock River, DPMS, and a couple others.

They do if you want to pay $160

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top