BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/28/2008 5:40:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Count me as VERY interested.  Checking my calender and with the boss now.

Any prerequisites for this course?
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
None that I am aware of.
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely interested

Love to take another class from Sully.
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
What is a "Cover Garment" in the context of this class?
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
wear a button up shirt over a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/29/2008 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Can you give an idea to what you are looking for in "Basic First Aid Gear"?
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#10]
WI guys, can you chime in on this question?

I'd like to sign up for this class and I'm looking over the training application. Regarding the credential section, I fall into the Credential Category I, which reads, "Evidence of no criminal history from a law enforcement for obtaining this type of documentation.".

Okay, so here's the question: Do I seriously head down to the City of Milwaukee Police Station and... ask someone to look me up to see if I have a criminal record? And ask for a printout or something for proof?

I'm certainly willing and able to do whatever's needed, I'm just verifying what's really needed. Fwiw, I'm a law-abider, homeowner, business owner, loving husband, grandfather, and all around regular guy who looks forward to a learning experience. Y'all are welcome to background check me.

Thanks for any advice,
-Robert
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#11]
You can check criminal cases online at http://wcca.wicourts.gov
You can search on your name and a whole host of other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#12]
i'm really hopin' I can go to this one.  I just don't know if it's going to work out with my schedule, or financially.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'd like to sign up for this class and I'm looking over the training application. Regarding the credential section, I fall into the Credential Category I, which reads, "Evidence of no criminal history from a law enforcement for obtaining this type of documentation.".

Okay, so here's the question: Do I seriously head down to the City of Milwaukee Police Station and... ask someone to look me up to see if I have a criminal record? And ask for a printout or something for proof?

I'm certainly willing and able to do whatever's needed, I'm just verifying what's really needed. Fwiw, I'm a law-abider, homeowner, business owner, loving husband, grandfather, and all around regular guy who looks forward to a learning experience. Y'all are welcome to background check me.

Thanks for any advice,
-Robert

You know a background check is not necessarily proof of a good person. Heck look at TommyTrauma and FMD, they both pass a background check and I would not trust those two guys any farther than I can throw Flamethrower..

Seriously tho check out the circuit court addy posted above. Print off your good status and you will be good to go. Heck they even let me train with them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope to make this.  I'll need to check finances but we should be getting a tax refund.

That and I'd have to borrow a rifle.  Or, even better, get an Mosin M44.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for any advice,
-Robert

You know a background check is not necessarily proof of a good person. Heck look at TommyTrauma and FMD, they both pass a background check and I would not trust those two guys any farther than I can throw Flamethrower..

Seriously tho check out the circuit court addy posted above. Print off your good status and you will be good to go. Heck they even let me train with them.

Lol I bet the pigme weighs as much as I do.

I am going to try and save up for this, but no promises.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Hoping to attend.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Overnight camping at range is allowed no charge(No Camp Fires)Water & Latrines
County Campground very close to range small fee(Fire Pits)Full Hook up & rest rooms
Cheap Motel Near By & Convenient store
Durangos Pizza near by great food.
Range personal on site and membership information available.

Shooters Sport Center Close for stuff you forget to bring.
And I Have Ordered Good Weather for this event.

Hope To See A Good Turn Out
See Ya This Spring

Mark
Link Posted: 2/1/2008 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#18]
What's the cutoff date for "early registration"?
Link Posted: 2/1/2008 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Generally two weeks before the class
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm signed up and my paperwork will go out Monday.  Looking forward to this one.  Sully puts on some great classes and the price is dirt cheap for quality training.

Hope to see old friends and make some new ones!
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Considering I may be laid off come Monday this class may have to wait
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#22]
BTT this is too good of a course to be buried on page 2.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm hoping to go will know for sure in the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Will attend if I can scrounge up the money
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Step 1 - Make sure no gigs book - Check!
Step 2 - Try and get off work.........in progress.
drjarhead.......where are you?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like I got plenty of advanced notice to make this one.  I just need a holster for my new piece, maybe you guys can help me out.  I want a 6004, but I also want to be able to put it on my belt for USPSA to keep the release the same.  I can't find a belt adapter anywhere, does Safariland even make one?  What are my other options?
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Looks like I got plenty of advanced notice to make this one.  I just need a holster for my new piece, maybe you guys can help me out.  I want a 6004, but I also want to be able to put it on my belt for USPSA to keep the release the same.  I can't find a belt adapter anywhere, does Safariland even make one?  What are my other options?

Yes they make one, go to strichers I've seen them there. IIRC shooters in racine has them too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#29]
So who all is a go for this so far?

Link Posted: 3/8/2008 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Safariland calls them UBL's (universal belt loop) You need to determine what size belt and how much drop you want.  here's a link to a good vendor for these...Copquest

You can also go with a 6280 and get the leg panel, it sometimes work out cheaper since there are alot more of them out there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2008 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#33]
So Drawcut, Tommytrauma, and I are the only three signed up for this?
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks like a small class, then.    Honestly, I think these tacked threads tend to get overlooked.  Hopefully there'll be just a few more folks there!
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So Drawcut, Tommytrauma, Kevinski, and I are the only three four signed up for this?
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Been thinking about it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm going to go if i can get some payment help from the union
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Can you give an idea to what you are looking for in "Basic First Aid Gear"?

Hyper, if you're carrying first aid gear currently, bring it with. If not, don't fret about it. The first aid portion will be focused on gunshot wound treatment, and the equipment / supplies covered will include the popular pressure dressings (izzy, H-bandage, cinch-tight and standard surgi-pad / vetwrap), tourniquets ranging from the CAT to your belt, occlusive dressings including the Asherman, Bolin, and plastic wrap / duct tape. We'll probably have some supplies for sale at cost there, and we will have plenty available for training purposes. Your preferences might well change after the exposure to the different options, so don't buy in advance. Students will have a chance to play with all the popular stuff currenty on the market, and will also learn how to do most all of it with improv gear. Like everything else we train for, gear comes after skills and mindset.

We're going to cover fast and nasty patient assessment, arm / leg GSW treatment (including pressure dressings, pressure points, elevation, TQs and splinting), torso GSWs (including occlusive dressings and the A&P of Pneumothorax), head and neck wounds, airway management and shock management. We'll be incooprerating that training in subsequent tactical scenerios.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Paper work sent. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the reply TommyT.  I am STRONGLY considering this course...just haven't pulled the trigger.....yet.....so to speak.  Will most likely sign up.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#41]
So we got what? 5-6 people signed up for this???

Free bump to get this back to top of everyones active topics list.

I almost wish this would get untacked, no-one reads the tacked threads.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 3:36:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So we got what? 5-6 people signed up for this???

Free bump to get this back to top of everyones active topics list.

I almost wish this would get untacked, no-one reads the tacked threads.

+1
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply TommyT.  I am STRONGLY considering this course...just haven't pulled the trigger.....yet.....so to speak.  Will most likely sign up.  

It's shaping up to be a very interesting class. Hope you make it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I hope to make it.  It is looking MUCH better now that I discovered I did not draw my Montana elk/deer tag for this fall.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#46]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#47]
hey sully when are you going to offer the precision shooting class again? The one where you shoot 850 yards with a1 configured ar15s?  

I shoot the A1 out to 850yds and am able to hit consistently with it.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com

I want this class!
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Can't let this get bumped back to page 2.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Generally two weeks before the class

DOH!!! Just went to DE website to sign up at $300 and it says early reg. ends 30 days before the class........
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top