Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 10:40:36 AM EDT
ok if you have read any of my post in the team or general forum I am trying to re-enlist into the Guard. I am former Marine. I am waiting on a waiver as I failed the hearing test.
The reason I ask is that some one can make some cash on me if I get back in. the guard has a $2k bonus for active members if they bring someone in. My girlfriend is in but is deploying and is considered active now.
I think you have to be like e-4 and below and if you are e-2 or below you get a stripe.
all I ask is that you split it with me 50-50 or give me a gun or ammo

well just thought I would offer. Everyone one I know is active now or to high of rank.

PM me if interested
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd take you up on your offer, if I could.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in wales (Waukesha), am an E4 in the Army Guard out of Occonomowoc and would take you up on the offer.  

I'll go 50-50 paid whenever I get paid.

But that said, I don't reccomend re-upping to anyone.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

<-----  Just signed for 6 more.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]

I'll pm you if the waiver go through and I can re-up...thanks

Quoted:
I live in wales (Waukesha), am an E4 in the Army Guard out of Occonomowoc and would take you up on the offer.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]

----- Just signed for 6 more.

Atta Boy....
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

But that said, I don't reccomend re-upping to anyone.Why is that?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<-----  Just signed for 6 more.

Why didn't you just go R.A.? your just going to keep getting deployed did you change your MOS.

Dude I will be out of country 9/6 - 9/10 when are you getting back and will you be around for awhile
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that said, I don't reccomend re-upping to anyone.Why is that?

Because looking at the future of diplomatic conflict with islamic nations and the changing stop-loss rules, as well as the resistance of politicians and civilians alike to the draft, makes me think that we are not far from the late Roman empire's problem that had men serving from  20-45 years of age in the military and losing the ability to have family lives like normal people.  

That's part of it, and from there it branches into other issues like tip-toe wars where we are afraid to injure the enemy, and thus cannot win.  There are a lot of issues that, when compounded, illustrate the magnitude of the problem and it's reasons for staying on the civilian side.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
i hear ya green0, that's one of the million and one reasons I didnt re up into the Corps
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Somebody's got to do the job.  Might as well be me; live a normal life gallavanting across the countryside, then get a free trip to exotic places evey now and then.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top