Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 8:55:29 AM EDT
I have a M1 Carbine that keeps stove piping and fails to eject.
Someone said change out the extractor and springs to a M2
Make sense?
Also if any of RCLRC members know how to fix it maybe we could hook up
Its a sweet little gun and I would like to shoot it.

Thanks Mark
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Mark,
Check this thread out......
M1 ejection problems
HTH,
Dave
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey Mark,
Check this thread out......
M1 ejection problems
HTH,
Dave

10/4 Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The thread mentioned has a lot of good suggestions.

If those don't work you may have a dirty or scored chamber.  This was the case for a friend and I last year.  We tried all the suggestions mentioned and still had issues.

We eneded up polishing the chamber with a bore mop covered in JB bore paste with an electric drill.  The chamber came out mirror smooth and the guns now function flawlessly.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem with my M1 Carbine.  I cleaned the living piss out of it and threw in a new spring kit and that took care of all my problems!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#5]
hopefully you dont have one of these like this guy got............

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=194590
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Copy of a email i sent to fulton armory any Ideas or did I cover it

This is a copy of a email I sent to Fulton Armory
any information would be great from you guys into M1 Carbines Thanks for looking.

Hello
Would it be possible to get a little information?
Some time back I bought a M1 carbine
I would take it to the range and it would stove pipe,so I would try a different mag& type of ammo and again it would stove pipe or fail to eject the spent round.
Well I put it in the gun safe and said I need to take to my gunsmith and have him check it out. Over the years I forgot about the M1 I was cleaning out gun safes moving different firearms around and the way in the back behind my G3 was the carbine so off to the gun shop I go and ask my friend to fix it for me after talking with other carbine owners they would say spring kits good cleaning extractor etc etc.
So today I get a call from my gunsmith who has worked on the gun replacing most of witch I just covered and tells me it has the same problem.
He make a few phone calls to some of his fellow smiths and is told by one of them that the gun I have is a very early model quality hardware gun and is known for the same problem that I have.
Some thing to do with a recoil rod or something like that.
So my question to your organization witch is very highly respected is there anything that can help my problem that you know of the we can try?Im not asking for anything for free and understand if you cant or wont comment on the gun.
My next question is could your company solve the problem and would it be worth the time and money.
Or am I just going to be stuck with a wall hanger. The gun is not all the same it has different barrel
Any information or comments would be very helpful I thank you for your time.
Thank You
Mark Phillips
Racine Wisconsin

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Mark,

A couple of thoughts regarding your carbine problem.

Is the bolt trying to feed the next round into the chamber when the malfunction occurs?  

If the answer is no, you may not be getting enough counter-recoiling force.  The likely causes are a stuck / frozen gas piston or fouling in the gas port.  The piston nut should be removed (using the special wrench) and the piston cleaned of carbon with something like Krol oil.  The gas cylinder should have a slight chamfer (see TM-9-1276).  The gas port should be .070 in diameter.  Ream it clean with a .070 diameter drill bit by hand.

If the bolt is trying to pick up a new round you are back to the bolt / chamber area.  First I would replace all the bolt components, extractor, ejector and springs.  Finally I would inspect and polish the chamber.

I have used the above methods on two different guns in the last tweleve months and now they both run problem free.

Please let us know what you find.

Jeff
Top Top