Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2005 12:15:57 PM EDT
I've always been a big fan of the sex offender website, searchable by name or ZIP code.  Now it even gets better!  News story link

Addresses On Sex Offender Web Site

WMTV-TV
Wisconsin residents will soon be able to find out if a sex offender lives next door.

Starting tomorrow, the Department of Corrections will add addresses to its sex offender registry.

Currently, the web site allows you to search by zip code, but does not say where the offender lives.

Nearly 18–thousand sex offenders are registered in Wisconsin.

I just checked, the addresses aren't shown yet, but maybe tomorrow?

WI Sex Offender web site
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
good. make their life a living hell.
If/when i have children, i will use this resource to find the local pedo's and have a nice heart to heart with them  which may or may not inclueand the most "evil" looking gun i own.
if i was able to write the laws, child sex offenders would be executed. but in the mean time, purple license plates will do god i hope that legislation passes. Maybe it will make them regret what they did by getting jeered at, cursed at, and hopefuly beaten by every single citizen who detests these pieces of trash.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Parrothead, it would be illegal to harass them.  Shame on you  

But awareness of who your neighbors are--complete with pictures on the website--is certainly a good thing  
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
dont worry i do not plan on harassing them....
Just a brief heart to heart, maybe a IF this happens THEN this happens type of picture incase they are more of a picture based learning person
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What's u[ wth teh purple license plates?

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
When I searched this site a few months ago I was suprised how many sex offenders I am acquainted with.  One works at the Piggly Wiggly, and I work with 2 others.  I asked one of my coworkers about it and he told me that he had sexual relations with an underage girl when he was 19, which isn't totally inexcuseable.  The other guy I didn't even bother to ask because when he got out of jail last year he told EVERYBODY that he did time for assaulting a cop.  Now when I look at his court record I see that he isn't allowed to have any type of unsupervised contact with any children, including his own!  He can't even write a letter to his own kid unless it goes through his PO first.  I can only imagine what kind of sick piece of shit this guy really is. [rant off]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Love that site to check on neighbors and such also like this one- wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl -Todd
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
the pink license plates was an idea tossed out as a way to ID offenders. sort of a aditional mark of shame, and a warning to parents that a perv is in the neighborhood.
i think it is a good idea. most people are unaware that this information is public, let alone on the net.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Addresses are up

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the heads up glenn_r... I did a search and found one of these a-holes living right across the street from a daycare center / 4yr old kindergarten near where I work. I printed out the info from the web site and took it to the administrator... They had no idea he was there...

BTW… He was convicted of first degree sexual assault of a child and he is living less than 100ft from several dozen very young children.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BTW… He was convicted of first degree sexual assault of a child and he is living less than 100ft from several dozen very young children.

If he's still on supervision under Probation/Parole, this should be nipped.  There might not be anything the D.O.C. can do if he's simply a registrant and not currently being supervised.  May I suggest writing the D.O.C. with your concerns, including his name and address, and the address of the day care center?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If he's still on supervision under Probation/Parole, this should be nipped.  There might not be anything the D.O.C. can do if he's simply a registrant and not currently being supervised.  May I suggest writing the D.O.C. with your concerns, including his name and address, and the address of the day care center?

I assume by this that he is still under supervision:

Sex Offender Registry Status
Custody/supervision: ACTIVE COMMUNITY SUPERVISION
Registration begin: 05/22/1992
Registration end: LIFE REGISTRATION
Compliance status: COMPLIANT

The administrator claims that he is going to do exactly as you suggest, including contacting the "Field Supervisor" listed on the web page.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#12]
84 registrants under 159 names* were found who met your search criteria

This is from my ZIPCODE, man I hate this city.
I found several living within a  block or two of me some of witch are child molesters.

Edit to add: I have to move out of here and get back out where a zipcode covers more than one square mile. <exaggeration>
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
84 registrants under 159 names* were found who met your search criteria

This is from my ZIPCODE, man I hate this city.
I found several living within a  block or two of me some of witch are child molesters.

Edit to add: I have to move out of here and get back out where a zipcode covers more than one square mile. <exaggeration>

Don't feel bad, I've got 94 registrants under 188 names and I live on the north side of Oshkosh (54901) I've got several within walking distance, one that was convicted of 2 counts of first degree sexual of a child, 2 counts of incest to a child and one count expose sex organ to child....  He was almost 60 when he was convicted.. (His grandchildren???) SICK BASTARD!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Found this  link from an article in the Isthmus
I had some map viewing problems so I don't know how good it works.
bulletcatchr

Nice link, BC!  Way more usefull in map form instead of clicking on each perv in your zip code.  I'm guessing it's some kind of Google Maps hack.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top