Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 5:03:56 PM EDT
Thanks to all the practical pistol matches I watched this year I decided that I needed a pistol of my own to shoot.  Well today on my way home I picked up my Springfield XD 40 at Gander Mountain.  Good news is that I really like the ergonomics of the pistol so far and it seems pretty well put together.  Not so good news is I can't seem to find any magazines or a holster for it.  I am needing a couple more 12 round mags and one of the plastic holsters for it.  Where is a good place to get these things from?  I found a holster on Midway, but they want $8.35 to ship it, and another $5.50 to ship 2 magazines when they come in.  I like ordering online because I can almost always find great deals, but problem is I don't know where to look.  Do you fellas have any secret shopping spots?  Go easy on me though, I just laid out more money than I had planned on for the pistol and don't have a lot of budget left for mags/holster.  The holster I found on Midway was less than $14 and the mags were $17.something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the XD. I have an XD-9 myself.  The only major complaint out there seems to be the slide finish.  Some have problems with it, some don't.  I find it pretty prone to rusting unless I'm very careful to wipe off fingerprints.

I use a G-code holster and love it.  High quality and very reasonable price.  Got mine from Gunner's Alley.  Great service and good prices.  I recommend you call your order in.  Doing an internet order, they don't seem to let you know if something is on backorder.  On the phone, they're great.  

www.hs2000talk.com/ is the 'Arfcom' of the XD world.  Lots of good info there.  All of their board sponsers are good to order from.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
http://m2tactical.com/

Made in Wisconsin by Mark Miller.  Excellent gear at reasonable prices.  If you do not already know Mark from IPSC or IDPA talk to Jay Rock he will introduce you.  Whenever possible support your local shops.  By the time you pay shipping you might as well by local anyway.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
m2tactical.com/

made link hot for ya
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
XD's take Smith and Wesson 59/69 series mags, I believe.

Page Tommytrauma, as I know he shoots an XD.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
XD's take Smith and Wesson 59/69 series mags, I believe.

Page Tommytrauma, as I know he shoots an XD.

So what am I? Chopped liver?

S&W mags are supposed to work (never tried it myself), but you have to modify them by cutting an extra hole in the front of the mag.  Should still work in a Smith after the mod.

Full capacity XD mags are $23 right now and available at www.pistol-gear.com and other places.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard something about how you can relatively easily modify beretta mags too...at least for the XD-9. I picked one up in early August, and haven't had a single malfunction yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:15:00 AM EDT
[#7]
G.A.S. $26.99

CDNN $24.99

How dare you modify perfectly good Beretta Mags! Just think of me as a wayword home for Beretta mags. Bad Duck, Bad Duck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
http://m2tactical.com/

Made in Wisconsin by Mark Miller.  Excellent gear at reasonable prices.  If you do not already know Mark from IPSC or IDPA talk to Jay Rock he will introduce you.  Whenever possible support your local shops.  By the time you pay shipping you might as well by local anyway.

plan_b: The Mach 2 stuff looks nice.  Formed Kydex (not injection molded), etc.  I like to support the local businesses as much as possible.  Do you know of any reviews out there on this gear?  Or how about posting a mini review here?  How does it compare to other brands out there like: Blade Tec, G-code, Comp-Tac, etc?  How about their mag carriers? (No pics on thier site).
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top