Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:49:17 PM EDT
So, any of you armchair commandos want to shoot at each other? Anyone interested in playing some paintball in the spring? Outdoors of course. Indoors is to confining. It might be to late to get things going this year, as it will be getting cold and paintballs like to break in barrels and not on people in the cold.

A Wisconsin Arfcom game, lunch in the middle and some more killing afterwards.

Well?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Think i'd rather spend my money on real ammo and classes, than paintballing. but thats just me. i'd have to get even more equipment. no thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
sure, count me in
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Think i'd rather spend my money on real ammo and classes, than paintballing. but thats just me. i'd have to get even more equipment. no thanks

No you would just need rental gear. I will count you out. Thanks though.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a pretty awesome place down by Wilmont.  I'll try to find their site.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're thinkig of "Promised Lan", they're kinda snobby.

Anyhow, why spring?  It's always go time for me, rain or snow!  It makes for great force on force training for us poor folks who can't afford simunitions .
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you're thinkig of "Promised Lan", they're kinda snobby.

Anyhow, why spring?  It's always go time for me, rain or snow!  It makes for great force on force training for us poor folks who can't afford simunitions .

The cold is hard on paint. Paint does not work well unless tou buy cold weatherr specific paint. Such as Polar ice I think made by PMI. I am up for it anytime. I have not been on a field in better than a year and a half.

If we get some more people to go let's do it. I get the impression though from the group that if it does not use real bullets and does not involve some sort of DE training nobody gives a rats ass.

I am a spread spectrum type of person. I am involed or was involved in many types of hobbies/sports over the course of the last 8 years.

Let's get a group together and do it. A good reputable fied with rental equipment for the people that need it would be a good idea. A field that is BYOP is a definite plus.

Speak to me  oh great one they call Mr.PX.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
find out more details and I guess I would be in. lemme know
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm, sounds like it would be a lot of fun with a good group.  Could have some good training aspects too, especially if we have a lot of Afrcommers to play with/against.  Count me interested.

Also: I grew up in Wilmot, my parents still live there.  I never knew till now that 'Promised Land' was a paintball field.  I probably pass by the entrance 2-3 times a month and all it says is: 'Promised Land'.  I thought it was a youth camp or something!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I get the impression though from the group that if it does not use real bullets and does not involve some sort of DE training nobody gives a rats ass.

Flame,

I may have come across that way at times.  I don't look down on people in other activities, and I still want to compete in Service Rifle/Highpower, but I don't do IPSC or paintball.

The 2 main reasons:  time and money.  But another important reason is that I want to keep my "survival" training as realistic as possible.  Playing paintball might have a lot of value in some areas, but my concern with it is mindset, for me anyway.  I don't want to program myself to surrender if I take a 'bullet' while I'm "fighting" against someone.  I'm consciously trying to program myself to keep going, no matter how many hits I take.  I think the subconscious is a funny thing--mine is, anyway--and I don't want to take any risk confusing it.  LE training is full of these kinds of programming issues and horror stories, because how you train really affects how you fight.

This is somewhat related to my personal experience with pistols.  I used to have a Sig P229 besides my Glocks.  I shot the 229 and the 22 equally well, but because of the differences in trigger reset I'd occasionally miss the Sig's reset for the first 100-200 rounds when I first shot it.  When I transitioned back to my Glock, my programming was off and I wasn't as fast until I'd recuperated.  I loved the feel of a Hi-Power in .40 I used to own, but my programming didn't include swiping off a safety, and every time I stressed myself in training I'd forget.  My solution for all these programming issues was to simplify (selling the Sig and BHP), because I won't have the luxury of a transition period in real life, or time to say, "Oh yeah, get the safety".

I'm trying to keep everything as simple and straightforward for my subconscious as I can.  For me, that seems to work.  It doesn't prohibit me from trying paintball once , so I'm tagging this thread.  But I'm making a conscious choice to never enter a league or make it more than once in a blue moon.

YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If we get some more people to go let's do it. I get the impression though from the group that if it does not use real bullets and does not involve some sort of DE training nobody gives a rats ass.

Yeah, I agree that the WI forum is very much focused on defensive training right now.  It doesn't have to be DE, but they are close by, quality and very reasonably priced.  Of all the things we could be focused on, this is a good thing, IMHO.

But, we also do sometimes ignore or gloss over the other things in life.  Competition can be both valuable and fun.  Just plain old get togethers and fun shoots have been less often lately (something my wife has noticed and missed).  Time and money are both limited for most of us, so we have to make our choices carefully.  

But what is life without taking the time to enjoy both activities for sheer fun and the time we have with the people we enjoy being around?

Again, count me in for paintball, and probably Diane too (my wife).

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I get the impression though from the group that if it does not use real bullets and does not involve some sort of DE training nobody gives a rats ass.

Flame,

I may have come across that way at times.  I don't look down on people in other activities, and I still want to compete in Service Rifle/Highpower, but I don't do IPSC or paintball.

The 2 main reasons:  time and money.  But another important reason is that I want to keep my "survival" training as realistic as possible.  Playing paintball might have a lot of value in some areas, but my concern with it is mindset, for me anyway.  I don't want to program myself to surrender if I take a 'bullet' while I'm "fighting" against someone.  I'm consciously trying to program myself to keep going, no matter how many hits I take.  I think the subconscious is a funny thing--mine is, anyway--and I don't want to take any risk confusing it.  LE training is full of these kinds of programming issues and horror stories, because how you train really affects how you fight.

This is somewhat related to my personal experience with pistols.  I used to have a Sig P229 besides my Glocks.  I shot the 229 and the 22 equally well, but because of the differences in trigger reset I'd occasionally miss the Sig's reset for the first 100-200 rounds when I first shot it.  When I transitioned back to my Glock, my programming was off and I wasn't as fast until I'd recuperated.  I loved the feel of a Hi-Power in .40 I used to own, but my programming didn't include swiping off a safety, and every time I stressed myself in training I'd forget.  My solution for all these programming issues was to simplify (selling the Sig and BHP), because I won't have the luxury of a transition period in real life, or time to say, "Oh yeah, get the safety".

I'm trying to keep everything as simple and straightforward for my subconscious as I can.  For me, that seems to work.  It doesn't prohibit me from trying paintball once , so I'm tagging this thread.  But I'm making a conscious choice to never enter a league or make it more than once in a blue moon.

YMMV, etc.

I can completely understand what you are saying. It does make perfect sense.  Same with you Drawcut.

I want to make something perfectly clear. My comment is in no way a dig towards DE and their staff. The comment was directed at the type of training rather than DE itself, it being quite popular.
I ask questions about things and offer up suggestions for alternate training ideas, and other opportunities to share what I find fun and useful.
I am also no making any digs against the training. If given an unlimited bank account I and Melissa would take each and every class DE and others have to offer. I do not however have and unlimited bank account nor do I have unlimited time.

I made this thread quite simply to try and get people together in a different environment to have fun. That is really it. Go somewhere play some games, eat and bs, and have a good time. I am not all tegether certain that paintball has any tactical training value outside of teamwork.

I know of places to play in all sorts of geographical areas. Travel may be required. Money will certainly be required.

It is up to each individual to decide if he or she wants to go/play. If you don't want to go. Don't. No harm no foul.

Now let's all be cool like Fonze.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#12]
You know...its just paintball. We could all set the whole seriousness of training to the side for a day and go have some...fun. I know, it sounds so ludacris, but...it might actually be kind of a neat concept.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody know where I can get some O-ring replacements for my VM68?

<==old-tymey paintball guy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anybody know where I can get some O-ring replacements for my VM68?

<==old-tymey paintball guy.

HAve you tried Home Depot?

Anyhow, in the SE WI area, there's PromisedLand in Kenosha ( have to know somebody to get i) and PB Sam's in Racine COunty.  Neither are BYOP.  Unfortuately, it seems we'd have to go with a PB field for rental concerns, as I've only got 1 extra set of stuff.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Just an idea.....

If you want to play in spring...How about Paintball Sam's in Waterford.  They have their big game the first weekend in May every year.  Last I knew it was 400-500 people.  You could all play "together" on one side.  They have rental items for those that don't own their own.  You wouldn't have to worry about having a big enough group to reserve a field for yourself. Their field is like 60 acres+ and 3/4 of a mile between flag stations for the big game.  

Just a thought.  I used to travel the US on a tournament team.  Sam's big game is a great way to go play as a group and enjoy yourself.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Well depending on the date, I could be in for this. hmmmm gunna have to look for some of my old equipment and dirty tricks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
There is also Apocalyps in Poinette. They have several fields and now a large castle, with upper and lower floors. They are BYOP still I think/

I think there is the Seige near Whitewater. I have heard good things about them as well. Never played there. I have played at Apoc, however.

Normally large enough groups have their own ref and dont have to play with the walk-ons.  

I always wanted to play one of the big games at Sams. We service their HP compressor. I still think I have some free passes somewhere for them.

Let's see how many people we get to go in and then we can pick a place.

Anyone have ideas on dates??

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag as a possibility
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Who changed it to the FALL and waht is the update?

If you do a search, there is also a large paintball place off Rimrock Road in Madison. I guess they have indoor and outdoor areas. Just FYI

And None, if you arent busy, get on IRC
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#20]
tag

private course with own marker or public with available rentals?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
tag

Would have to be public. I would think most people don't have their own marker. If everyone does then private.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#22]
So can I bring these?

And these?

If I can get them back from one of my buddies?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok how about we go about it ths way.  Copy and paste, make changes as needed.

Interested: Yes/No
Have own equipment: Yes/No
Preferred day/date: XX/XX/XXXX

I don't care what get's used. Mines, grenades, mortars, as long as it it safe. Most of that type of stuff (mines/mortars) might be private land only.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Interested: Yes
Have own equipment: No
Preferred day/date: any
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Interested, have own gear, have extra set of gear for 1 person, date...?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Interested, have own gear, have extra set of gear for 1 person, date...?

PX we must talk, I hve devious and nefarious ideas.

(It's been forever since I last played and I have some dirty tricks I never got to try out)
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Gear: Ancient tourney/custom VM68 with CO2 remote setup that needs some tlc to get up and running (affarmative answer depends on that).
Date: Later better than sooner.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Interested:  Yes
Gear:  None
Date:  TBD.

Us WI ARF guys need to start working on those team tactics!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Interested:  Yes
Gear:  None
Date:  TBD.

Us WI ARF guys need to start working on those team tactics!  

Some of us already have
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Gear: No
Date: Open
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag

Would have to be public. I would think most people don't have their own marker. If everyone does then private.

I'd buy one if I could get atleast four ligitmate uses out of it a year.  I've gone 2x this year........
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Theres also the Edge between janesville and beloit on HWY 51. They have rentals, air and paint. Good size fields. Owner also is a gun shop owner.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Would you believe that I have NEVER played paintball before? I haven't. Or airsoft.

However, they just opened up a new paintball place (looks like it's indoors though) just across the highway from where I work. It could be fun to try sometime.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Would you believe that I have NEVER played paintball before? I haven't. Or airsoft.

However, they just opened up a new paintball place (looks like it's indoors though) just across the highway from where I work. It could be fun to try sometime.

Where is that at? The new place I mean.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Paintball Dave's indoor is pretty sucky IMO.

Small, dank, and with 1" of dirty, slippery, paint goo on everything.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Paintball Dave's indoor is pretty sucky IMO.

Small, dank, and with 1" of dirty, slippery, paint goo on everything.

That is an understatement.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm interested.

I've got gear, a gun, and a gut!

I'm still using my Spyder Classic I bought in high school - and I'm almost 30 now.

Damn thing is built like a tank. I keep trying to beark it and it keeps working.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is that at? The new place I mean.

Highway 14, about 1.5miles west of the beltline/middleton.

I'm pretty sure it's new anyway. I've never noticed it there before until recently
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Apocalypse is a nice field, but their BYOP fee on top of the field fee is a little much.  About $23 if you BYOP & equip.

Action Packed Paintball just north of Lake Mills is a nice field.  not BYOP, but most aren't.
www.appaintball.com/

I've only really played Sam's for bachelor parties and their big games every spring and fall.  I will be there this weekend Oct 1 for tha Fall Big game.

I'd be open to play, set a date and location....I would recommend playing with walk-ons, I don't think you will get the numbers here to make a private party worthwhile.  If you can, great!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#40]
There is a outdoor place in Fremont (west of Appleton) run by a comedic Irish guy that was awesome.
It has a shower, picnic tables, gas grills, BYOB is AOK off the field and inbetween heats as long as safety is observed.

Nice large fields, some wooded, some with sniper towers and obstacles, some wooded and with barracades.  Atleast 5-6 fields.
$40 for all day but you must use field paint at $80/case.

I could get 5-10 non ARFCOM'mers from near the area to join to get a good size private group.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top