Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:55:47 AM EDT
Anyone playing BF2 on line I know Mister PX does.

If you are witch server are you playing on?

My son and I met some cool guys from the Netherlands who have a server and a clan I think that we will be joining the clan.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My son and I met some cool guys from the Netherlands who have a server and a clan I think that we will be joining the clan.

There is an AR15.com clan to IIRC. I got to get my computer up and running right and get back to playing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is an AR15.com clan to IIRC. I got to get my computer up and running right and get back to playing.

KOOL!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Aww crap.  Hit "edit" instead of "Reply".

Bottomline: The Desert Combat mod (free made by the same guys that brought you BF2) for BF1942 is cool.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah i love bf2 im almost up to Cpl.  bad ass game !
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Seeing as how the Arfcom "clan" never gets together, or has a set place to play, I meandered away from it and over to RabidClan.  Bunch of nice guys, plus they have their own server, search for "Rabid".
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to play on-line quite a bit, but I haven't done any for the past few years.  My first on line game playing was Duke Nukem 3D.  Now, my computer would need an upgrade before I could play the latest stuff.  And if I had the $$ for a comp upgrade, I'd probably spend it on guns or ammo!  

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been playing more and more.

Hit me with some Ip.'s so we can hook up and play.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't know the IP offhand, but search for "Rabid"  THat'll show a few servers, it's teh 16 player "RabidClan"  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
85.236.101.37 port 16867 X Army guy now living in the Netherlands cool dudes
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Wisconsin Death Trip is a server I frequent. The admins are top notch, and are not afraid to boot asshats when need be.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
RabidClan.  Bunch of nice guys, plus they have their own server, search for "Rabid".

They got a funny way of showing it.

Played there for a bit. Someone complained about the urban map rules. No vehicles, arty, and something else. I said yes odd rules. Did'nt think anyhting of it.

We were told "It's our server, you don't like it. Get out!.

Way to welcome people. Typical online play. Been that way since the Duke Nukem days.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RabidClan.  Bunch of nice guys, plus they have their own server, search for "Rabid".

They got a funny way of showing it.

Played there for a bit. Someone complained about the urban map rules. No vehicles, arty, and something else. I said yes odd rules. Did'nt think anyhting of it.

Way to welcome people. Typical online play. Been that way since the Duke Nukem days.

Ayep!  If you play online, you will at some time experience negative emotions flung in your direction.  I work for a very large gaming company (yes I work at an auto dealer as well) and I have been all over the net working on many games.  Somtimes when I have to test, I have to do so on a live server.  MAN, what a PITA that can be.  I play a few online games as well and if I have a negative experience, I just move on.  I don't play BF2 though, possibly I should pick it up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ddin't see the "No Vehicles, No Arty on Urban Maps"  note in the server message during the loading?  You woulda got booted because you were most likely in a vehicle.  May seem strange, but that's how the real world is being played out right now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Typical reaction to "new guys" on the server bitching about rules (which happens a LOT), so don't take it personally.  Heck, >>I<< do it to noobs on severs I regularly frequent.

[cough]

...now that BF2 is around, less asshats playing [BF1942 Desert Combat]

[cough]

ETA: Quote was originally above in my now-edited (Hi! I'm new to the interweb!) post.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ddin't see the "No Vehicles, No Arty on Urban Maps"  note in the server message during the loading?  You woulda got booted because you were most likely in a vehicle.  May seem strange, but that's how the real world is being played out right now.

I did see it and I followed it. I did at not time use any of the above.
I can find the rules odd, can I not??

Good thing this is not real world
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, in the real world, if I dump 75 rounds of M855 from a M249 into someone from 8 yards, they tend to die instead of stand there and look funny at you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yeah, in the real world, if I dump 75 rounds of M855 from a M249 into someone from 8 yards, they tend to die instead of stand there and look funny at you.

Frustrating, aint it?  Aim for the head.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#18]
yeah or the constant spamming of the n00b tube on karkand. That and the saw roxors.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Flame, just thought of something.  Punkbuster, do you have it turned on when you search for servers?  I've seen guys auto kicked for what they type.  One guy got autobooted from another server for "wtf?".
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

yeah I find it odd as well. I know that when I drill on someone with an M-4 at 10 yards they tend to die toot sweet.

I was never kicked at all. It was someone else that was not following the rules. I just added the "that's odd" comment when someone else said something. I never said anything before or after, and I played on. They are quite good.
I don't generally have problems with the rules people put in place on the servers. I am usually just happy to be online and playing. I do understand the rules they had and why.
Some rules I find even more odd. Like the one server I cama across the said "You are not a rabbit, so not bunny hopping." No jumping?? I know what they are talking about. Yes I agree that the average person cannot jump around repeatedly to avoid bullets. It just seems odd.

Will, are you a clan member?? What is your screen name/nick???

Since I have not played a whole lot. Is it normal when you unlock a weapon that your rank goes back to private? Or is this just a Marine thing?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in the Rabidclan, with the same name as here.  After you hit Lance corporal, you can unlock, and you should stay LC until you get more rank.  I did notice when I chose my unlock, that for about 5-6 logins, it would still ask me what I wanted to unlock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:05:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Any of you guys ahve any tips for a guy who cant get a good ping on multiplayer?(me)

I cant find a decent server that dosent have a horrible lag.  Is it just because the game is new and not many servers yet?  I tried the sloce all unnecessary porcesses tip from EA but that didnt do squat.

BTW I run DSL and my PC is way faster than the min req.

ETA
Opps just noticed this was WI forum, but still if you can help a VA guy out...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Any of you guys ahve any tips for a guy who cant get a good ping on multiplayer?(me)

I cant find a decent server that dosent have a horrible lag.  Is it just because the game is new and not many servers yet?  I tried the sloce all unnecessary porcesses tip from EA but that didnt do squat.

ETA

You running a firewall?? Turn it off.  I would also have to say the 5700 servers on average is a lot. If you are not seeing at least 5000 server at any given time you may have some type of firewall running that is hindering your perfomance.

What speed is your DSL??  Get cable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I assume you've got the server filters set correctly, and that you've used the Ping ^ v to get the lowest pings at the top of the list.  Firewall will make things bad.  Otherwise, play on the lowest ping server, and once you're in game, check your active ping rate (Tab).
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

You running a firewall?? Turn it off.  I would also have to say the 5700 servers on average is a lot. If you are not seeing at least 5000 server at any given time you may have some type of firewall running that is hindering your perfomance.

What speed is your DSL??  Get cable.

you need to stop using that retarded ingame server brower and use a third party one like THE ALL SEEING EYE ...there's like 5000 servers out there...you have to ping nice to alteast a few of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top