Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 9:48:56 AM EDT
The one on washington road. I wonder if it's bank robbery season again. Perp used a handgun, don't know what type but it was displayed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good thing I am already in MI for the weekend, at least they can't pin it on me.

Any news on what they got away with?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Just found out that my wife's sister's MIL was one of the tellers robbed.  Had a pistol pushed into her stomach.  I guess this is the second time she's been robbed at this bank!  Hope they get this guy.  I doubt we'll even here much about this since the tornados are going to get all the news coverage tonight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW is that fucked up, DC.

Me thinks the trauma enfliced upon her by the bank's no-self-defense policy has left her unable to work, and she's due a career's worth of compensation.

Any description on the robber?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Well she's not the type to be self defense minded... but I think she'll get a couple of paid days off.  She's getting ready to retire soon, this might just push her to do that.  All the info I got was third hand - no description.  Sounds like he got the money from at least two tellers' money drawers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Bank robbery has the 2nd-highest solve rate (just after homicide) and one of the lowest pay-outs (average less than $1,500 per robbery) with a relatively serious sentence.

All bank robbers are, by definition, stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top