Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 12:08:17 PM EDT
Finally got a face to face with my bro-in-law, deputy sheriff (Winnebago County).

I could tell he wasn't too interested in talking about it. All I got out of him is that he seemed to think that the folks in the neighborhood had some reason to be pissed off.

"Some of the cops acted like jerks."

He also said that they asked to search several houses and when they refused, search warrants were obtained. Can't believe anyone would willingly allow the cops to search their home.

Anyway, that's all I could get out of him and I don't think I'm likely to hear more from him about it. If I do I'll let y'all know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting.......

Most agencies don;t seem to like having to admit they screwed the pooch, I'm betting OPD is no different.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I'm missing something.  What happened in Oshkosh?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think I'm missing something.  What happened in Oshkosh?

IIRC, they had something happen and a bunch of cops got a little JTB action and went door to door asking to search houses and then confiscating any guns they found.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, thats it.

One of the articles about the story mentioned that some of the folks came home and didn't notice immediately that their safe was cleaned out.

That never sat right with me.
How the fuck did the cops open people's safes?
The incident seemed like the department went haywire rather than a planned effort with safe-cracking preparations.

The whole incident is a sore spot, but the safe thing always stood out.

Maybe they just call the company and get your combo?
I dunno.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top