Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 11:10:41 PM EDT
I know there some guys on here from around Waukesha, so I thought I might ask. Anyone know the specifics on open carry here in Waukesha? What are places you should stay away from? If nobody knows, then where is the best place to ask?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Witchdoctor,

Basically what it comes down to is that you WILL be nailed for "disorderly conduct" for open carry in a metro area (like Waukesha - where I live).

Currently, there are NO pro-gun organizations (NRA/WCCA/GOW) that are willing to fund a challenge.  They are much more interested in getting pro-gun folks elected/re-elected, and then getting the PPA passed next spring.

If you'd like the details, IM me for my phone# so that we can talk, or so that I can get you a written version of the conclusions I drew after research and talking with a lawyer.  I was willing to be the test case, but didn't have the scratch.

If you've got a spare $100k burning a hole in your pocket, a good lawyer lined up, and you're willing to be the poster boy for open carry, have at it.  Otherwise, it looks as though you'll have to wait for the PPA to come along.

In the outlying areas, in your own home, or on your own land, I don't think it'd be a huge problem, as most DA's wouldn't prosecute (MHO).  You may do the ride, but prolly won't do time.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Alright thanks for the info
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Go here: www.packing.org/talk/thread.jsp/30058/ to see an update.

A lot of us have been working hard on both getting CCW into law, and looking into the possibilities for open carry.

It's a bitch, but it comes down to money for the lawyers.  A sucsessful suit before the Supreme Court would likely bankrupt the "average joe" who wants to see open carry, and none of us know attorneys don't work for free.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I open carry my AR when I am at home. . . .
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
so do I.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top