Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 11:07:55 AM EDT
Just thought about this one guys. If you are a member of a private gun club would the grounds of the club be cosidered private property(under WSSC decision)?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
...so basically you're asking that if you are a member of a gun club (that technically makes you a co-owner of the property) are you allowed you to carry concealed whilst upon that land?

Not really sure, but I like the way you think.

I guess that would depend on if the property rights are actually divided between the membership of the club.[:\]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...so basically you're asking that if you are a member of a gun club (that technically makes you a co-owner of the property) are you allowed you to carry concealed whilst upon that land?

Not really sure, but I like the way you think.

I guess that would depend on if the property rights are actually divided between the membership of the club.[:\]

I think thats what I was getting at. The way I figure it the property has to be paid for every year(property taxes) the yearly dues by members go to pay that tax, as well as for other improvments. So basicly every member is an "owner" so to speak.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
why would you want to?  Are you afraid of someone at your club would possibly use deadly force against you intentionaly?  If so I would find another club.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
why would you want to?  Are you afraid of someone at your club would possibly use deadly force against you intentionaly?  If so I would find another club.

Not sure, but I think that he probably wants to practice drawing and firing from concealment.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If that was the intent, I would think that it would be very hard to convict someone of carrying a concealed weapon.  Of course, I wouldn't walk around with it concealed when not on the line, but I would think that concealing it then drawing it would be permissiable.  You'd have to ask the DA in your county first though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#6]
No guys actually I was asking because it's private property, and was wondering if it would fall under the state supreme courts ruling.

But it would be nice to be able to since I can easily spend four or five hours at the club on any given day. What better way to get used to carrying a gun for extended periods of time than while your at the range for a couple hours.

I practice drawing from concealment at home as part of dry fire drills. Though it would be nice to do it while at the range too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top