Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 5:29:41 AM EDT
Hi all,

my vacation for this coming weekend crapped out, and on a whim I thought I might try and drive up North and find a range that rented NFA weapons (full auto baby!).  Toys like that aren't legal out here in IL, but my understanding is they are OK in WI.  Are there any ranges that rent FA toys, and could a guy like me from IL rent them? (I am not too familiar with WI gun laws, i.e. FOID cards and the like?)

If you guys can help me out I'll even root for the Packers when they play the Bears next week!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Call shooters sports center in Racine-262-681-1040 They don't rent them that i know of but they may know of a range that does as they deal with NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I know a few years back there was a place in Winona MN just across the boader that advertise rentals. Also check out the new Shotgun News it has a list by state of Class III dealers. Don't know if this helps. Full auto is a blast ! or practice bump firing it's the closes thing to the real blast, if you are good at it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
WI is almost a zero-gun-control state.

We have only 2 gun control laws:

1) There is a 3-day waiting period on pistol purchases while a state background check is conducted (in addition to NICS)

2) No concealed carry, except inside of your home or business premises (The 'exception' exists due to the WI Supreme Court finding a total prohibition unconstitutional - we have an explicit individual RKBA in the state const. Prior to this, it was no CCW period. It was technically illegal to put your guns in a safe).

Everything else is legal, so long as you comply with Federal law... Age limits and everything else are basically 'same as Federal'. No special IDs, or other tack-ons... The only other gun law makes it illegal for local govt to regulate guns (with the exception of no-discharge laws)...

Your best bet would be to call some CIII dealers, up here and see if they rent... I don't have any numbers for you, unfortunately...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top