Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 5:58:58 AM EDT
I just found out that there will be a news conference regarding CCW at 10:00 this morning (7/17)in the assembly parlor at the Capitol. It's short notice, but I hope to see some of you there.

Update: The news conference went fairly well. Rep. Gunderson did a good job of describing the effect of CCW in other states and such. He noted that the recent Hamden decision adds momentum to the cause. Said that hearings will be held around the state between now and September, and that they hope to have this bill on the Governer's desk by the end of October.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have like to be there, but couldn't have gone even if I knew in advance.  Thanks for going and reporting back to us!

I don't know how many of you are on Sen. Zien's mailing list, but I got two emails from his office today.

They can be found here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=196473&page=1
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's virtually guaranteed that Governor "No-Guns" will veto the bill. Will there be enough votes to over-ride?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top