Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 11:09:33 AM EDT
"A right delayed is a right denied."  Even though I felt badly for Sullivan, he's toxic and the loss of his son doesn't excuse his bad deeds.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/01/11/colorado-gun-control-laws-2021-preview/

As JLPettimoreIII would say, "Uhaul time, bud."

ETA - Just saw this minutes after posting.  Here's another Colorado jackass at the federal level.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/01/10/bennet-amazon-parler-social-website/
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
While they're all bad, the most insidious of them is the safe storage requirement.

How do you keep a firearm for home defense under "safe storage" requirements?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While they're all bad, the most insidious of them is the safe storage requirement.

View Quote

Is that a trick question?  

I'm not going to be surprised if people ignore laws that ignore rights.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
We've had a de facto waiting period for the last 8 or 9 months since background checks have been taking days to complete.  

Many of the people who were buying guns in 2020 were brand new gun owners, and they were buying because they were afraid for their safety during the pandemic and riots.  I wonder what they thought of having to wait several days before they could take their new gun home.

Hopefully, they hated having to wait.  And hopefully, they'll contact their state reps/senators and tell them a waiting period is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

If its in my hand, I consider it safe...for me.

Not so much for the idiot breaking into my house though
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
With the property tax increase and more gun control. The millions of Californians will feel right at home.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With the property tax increase and more gun control. The millions of Californians will feel right at home.
View Quote

Maybe we should start an effort to rename the state to "East Kalifornia."
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m still working on you know who to move to the Keys. Care to join me? We can just fish and drink beers for the remainder of our days.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have a link to the property tax thing?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’m still working on you know who to move to the Keys. Care to join me? We can just fish and drink beers for the remainder of our days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to be a mountaineer in the keys.

Considering an exit plan ourselves. Not quite there yet, but working on it. You know we’ll come visit the keys though!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Considering an exit plan ourselves. Not quite there yet, but working on it. You know we’ll come visit the keys though!
View Quote

There are job openings for me in western Montana as well. To be totally honest though I’d prefer the Keys. Where are you guys looking?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are job openings for me in western Montana as well. To be totally honest though I’d prefer the Keys. Where are you guys looking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Western MT would be dope!

UT, ID, MT are about the last ones left for us. Gotta be close to rock and ice climbing, mountaineering, and in a place with better gun laws and lower taxes. Lower COL would be a great benefit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

UT, ID, MT are about the last ones left for us. Gotta be close to rock and ice climbing, mountaineering, and in a place with better gun laws and lower taxes. Lower COL would be a great benefit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah western Montana is amazing. Unfortunately I think state level gun laws will be a non issue soon. So I guess living somewhere you like is the more important thing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Feel free to come to my place in Cheyenne.......
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I need somewhere with at least a few hills (and cliffs).  I'm thinking AR, TN or KY - maybe WV.  I'm not as familiar with AR, but a friend is moving there and it seems decent.  

I'll come visit in the winter.  Fishing and beer are winners in my book.  I'm guessing that you know who has family here and doesn't want to leave them?  That's not uncommon, but remind her that plane tickets are affordable.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Duuude, I told you that ice is for the cooler and you didn't listen.  

Related to my post above, I want a little warmer weather in a place where I can have a big garden that I don't have to religiously water.  That place will come with more trees, too.  I'll reacclimate to the humidity.  I lived in it for 30+ years.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I need somewhere with at least a few hills (and cliffs).  I'm thinking AR, TN or KY - maybe WV.  I'm not as familiar with AR, but a friend is moving there and it seems decent.  

I'll come visit in the winter.  Fishing and beer are winners in my book.  I'm guessing that you know who has family here and doesn't want to leave them?  That's not uncommon, but remind her that plane tickets are affordable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha that’s funny my exact words to her were “planes still fly” she just hates change. We’re both pretty established in our careers but they travel well so to speak.

I just told her I am not staying in Koloradifornia any longer than I have to.
We shall I suppose
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calirado
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Haha that’s funny my exact words to her were “planes still fly” she just hates change. We’re both pretty established in our careers but they travel well so to speak.

We shall I suppose
View Quote

There's another option.  You can just leave the wife with me.  I'll even allow supervised visitations
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We shall I suppose
View Quote

Yeah, i told my wife mid year last year that I was leaving and she could come along or not but she'd have to find someplace to live.

We tried getting permission for her to work from home (in July mind you, since of course 2 weeks of march).  oh no, they wouldn't give it.  Don't care, we moved anyway (although it took longer).  Of course she's still working from home and will be probably forever at this point (cuz fuck the first cocksucker) but ti's way better here.  Some things are cheaper, some things are more expensive, but I don't care.

Not staying in a doomed state (where I was born mind you a long time ago in a world that's totally dead now).  

I saw even Golden has gone crazy and now demanding full electrification.  GOLDEN.  not Boulder, Golden.  The state is doomed, get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, i told my wife mid year last year that I was leaving and she could come along or not but she'd have to find someplace to live.

We tried getting permission for her to work from home (in July mind you, since of course 2 weeks of march).  oh no, they wouldn't give it.  Don't care, we moved anyway (although it took longer).  Of course she's still working from home and will be probably forever at this point (cuz fuck the first cocksucker) but ti's way better here.  Some things are cheaper, some things are more expensive, but I don't care.

Not staying in a doomed state (where I was born mind you a long time ago in a world that's totally dead now).  

I saw even Golden has gone crazy and now demanding full electrification.  GOLDEN.  not Boulder, Golden.  The state is doomed, get the fuck out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We shall I suppose

So, you went to MT then? I need some ideas
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t threaten me with a good time!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm still working on you know who to move to the Keys. Care to join me? We can just fish and drink beers for the remainder of our days.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don’t threaten me with a good time!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:03:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Here's another link with estimations for Denver
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"A right delayed is a right denied."  Even though I felt badly for Sullivan, he's toxic and the loss of his son doesn't excuse his bad deeds.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/01/11/colorado-gun-control-laws-2021-preview/

As JLPettimoreIII would say, "Uhaul time, bud."

ETA - Just saw this minutes after posting.  Here's another Colorado jackass at the federal level.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/01/10/bennet-amazon-parler-social-website/
View Quote
God I hate that turd.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Are you guys talking about FL keys?  Might want to stand by:

Florida's New Assault Weapons Ban Bill Explained: Its Bad!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are you guys talking about FL keys?  Might want to stand by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbeqwqWiq1Q
View Quote

The Keys are my thing. I personally believe we’re gonna be fucked on a federal level sooner than later. So I may as well live that makes me happy.

Not to mention we are about to be taxed to fucken death in Colorado.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top