Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/29/2020 10:15:34 PM EDT
I went shopping a bit today and noticed a fair amount of Prepping Activity at the Littleton Booze Costco, but nowhere else.

What are you all seeing with regards to the potential spread of this crud in our state? I'm 98% ready to bug in, but still need to travel to the office a few days a week for work. Not looking forward to that...
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Not much about it yet in Colorado, but as we all know it could already be here carried by someone with no symptoms (yet). I'm mostly prepped and just picking up more canned food on a regular basis. I did notice all the masks at the local Centennial Home Depot were gone. The only food item missing from the shelves at the local Wally World was powdered milk.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Western Slope appears to be sleeping.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I would bet good money that it’s here already and has been for some time.  DIA is a seriously busy airport and some random international traveler could have easily brought it here.  Look at the big panic thread and you will see that Washington state researchers are saying they believe it’s been in the wild of the state for up to six weeks already.  It’s a serious illness but I don’t believe we are going to see the end of the world.  Avoid sick people, do your best to stay away from crowds, practice strict hygiene protocols, and you should be good to go.  Not saying you shouldn’t have a a week or twos food on hand(we should already to avoid the people panicking when storms roll in). But I’m fairly confident locking yourself in your house like it’s the purge will be unnecessary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
We all gon' die. Well, 2.5-4% of us. Mostly elderly and immune-compromised. Either way the Aurora Costco is totally out of toilet paper despite this being respiratory and not intestinal...
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
There are now two 'presumptively' confirmed cases in Colorado--one in Summit County, one in Douglas County.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.chieftain.com/news/20200306/colo-reports-8-presumptive-positive-cases-of-coronavirus

Iso alcohol and hand sanitizer were wiped-out at the King Soopers near me.  LOL
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.chieftain.com/news/20200306/colo-reports-8-presumptive-positive-cases-of-coronavirus

Iso alcohol and hand sanitizer were wiped-out at the King Soopers near me.  LOL
View Quote
Me too, plus they were out of the sanitizing wipes for the grocery carts this morning.  Been washing my hands a lot.  That California hotshot who traveled from Italy to Breckenridge, then skied at Breck and Vail, exposed thousands of people before he showed symptoms.  JFC.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#11]
So, hypothetically, if the big cities were quarantined, what would be the boundaries for Denver?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, hypothetically, if the big cities were quarantined, what would be the boundaries for Denver?
View Quote
Definitely anything south of 112th, north of Castle Rock and west of the airport.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Supposedly have a case in Larimer county now
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Confirmed in Gunnison
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#16]
UC Denver is transitioning all classes to online only beginning March 30th.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
UC Denver is transitioning all classes to online only beginning March 30th.
View Quote
Metro is starting the 16th
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Metro is starting the 16th
View Quote
More correctly UCD is starting the 16th and is to be totally online NLT the 30th. Campus is staying open though (library, gym, etc) but no classes will be in-person. Boulder has made the same move regarding classes but I think Anschutz is remaining open for the time being.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Aspen.

Nine individuals in Aspen tested “presumptive positive” for coronavirus, or COVID-19, on Wednesday, making Aspen the site of the state’s largest outbreak cluster, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment officials said Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Aspen.

Nine individuals in Aspen tested “presumptive positive” for coronavirus, or COVID-19, on Wednesday, making Aspen the site of the state’s largest outbreak cluster, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment officials said Wednesday.
View Quote
If I read that story right, all 9 are Australian who got it from another Australian.

There’s been a grand total of 6 cases in Denver county so far. I know it takes a while for symptoms to show up but I bet this thing is already largely contained outside of Washington, California and New York. I would be very surprised to see any appreciable jump in the number of people contracting it in Colorado post-Europe travel ban.

The swine flu killed over 12,000 people in the US during its peak, Corona still has a looooooong way to go to reach even a fraction of that. Social and traditional media are blowing this thing massively out of proportion.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I hear Denver schools is supposed to be making an announcement tonight. My sister works for DPS and is guessing they are closing schools.

ETA:
just announced extended spring break starting Monday until April 6th.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#22]
my friend is a trucker, working  for company A  (that contracts out to other companies to do their local deliveries.

Monday and tuesday he worked at company B.  This afternoon he goes over to company B again to pick up a load, delivers it and gets called on the way back to company B to return trailer and gets told "yeah, they are shut down, don't go there"

Another driver making a delivery ON MONDAY went there and has tested positive for beer aids.  and of course, was inside, talking, etc, so now not only is it probably throughout company A, but of course company B probably has it too.  and of course company B works all over the metro area...................

repeat a 100 times with a 100 different companies.

and let's not even talk about the germ factories.  (errr I mean government schools)

They don't have any confirmed cases cuz their testing sucks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Polis is making an announcement of some sort at 10am today. I'm guessing mandatory closing of schools.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#24]
this is a fascinating article that puts it in perspective.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
this is a fascinating article that puts it in perspective.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
View Quote
Medium is a trash website and that article is basing nearly all its assumptions on stats from China where the government could not care less if people die.

We’ll see less than 1,000 deaths from this in the US (which is less than 10% of what the normal Flu kills every year) and the vast majority of that will be old people/people with compromised immune systems.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#26]
toilet paper rationing at Costco.  Employee will hand out no more than two bundles per party.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#27]
This is exactly why we need testing.  Catch those who are infected, quarantine them and the contact tracing to ensure that others are OK.  The R factor must be dropped to 1 or less.

Flatten the curve!
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
toilet paper rationing at Costco.  Employee will hand out no more than two bundles per party.
View Quote
I’m still not sure why people are hoarding toilet paper in response to a virus.

Individual stores sell out quickly but there is no shortage of toilet paper in the country, nor will there be because of an illness that 99% of the population isn’t going to get.

Latest update still has the US death toll at less than 50 people with over 75% of those in Washington with most of those in one nursing home.

Every single one of the ten new deaths in the UK was someone over 60.

Middle aged and younger people in decent health have almost nothing to worry about if you aren’t being sneezed on by someone infected with this.

As long as containment is effective until spring, rising temperatures and drier air will do most of the heavy lifting in terms of suppressing new cases.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#29]
https://www.kjct8.com/content/news/First-case-of-COVID-19-reported-in-Mesa-County-568799251.html

It's presumptive in Mesa County.

Fuckers are hoarding ammo too now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.kjct8.com/content/news/First-case-of-COVID-19-reported-in-Mesa-County-568799251.html

View Quote
I went to the Thornton Cabelas today... what a shitshow. Dozens of people there trying to buy handguns but the CBI is backlogged 24-48 hrs lol.

The store had loaded carts full of handgun ammo ready to stock that people were pillaging/rooting thru.

My assessment of the types was over 75% were panicking sheeple. Not good.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I’m still not sure why people are hoarding toilet paper in response to a virus.

Individual stores sell out quickly but there is no shortage of toilet paper in the country, nor will there be because of an illness that 99% of the population isn’t going to get.

Latest update still has the US death toll at less than 50 people with over 75% of those in Washington with most of those in one nursing home.

Every single one of the ten new deaths in the UK was someone over 60.

Middle aged and younger people in decent health have almost nothing to worry about if you aren’t being sneezed on by someone infected with this.

As long as containment is effective until spring, rising temperatures and drier air will do most of the heavy lifting in terms of suppressing new cases.
View Quote
One of the biggest disservices the media is doing is failing to report the number of no-symptom, or mild-symptom, or fully-recovered, etc.    The South Korea and Singapore data is actually very encouraging!

Instead the fixation is on the doom & gloom numbers.

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just saw that.  Some person who had visitors from abroad.
Stay safe all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#33]
All Alterra and Vail Resorts closed staring tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I went to the Thornton Cabelas today... what a shitshow. Dozens of people there trying to buy handguns but the CBI is backlogged 24-48 hrs lol.
View Quote
Fucking CBI.  They got their bullshit charge for back ground checks (passed into law after the last panic a few years ago), and they STILL run retardedly slow.  I still don't understand why CO has to do their own "special" bullshit check instead of just letting the feds handle it like most states.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fucking CBI.  They got their bullshit charge for back ground checks (passed into law after the last panic a few years ago), and they STILL run retardedly slow.  I still don't understand why CO has to do their own "special" bullshit check instead of just letting the feds handle it like most states.
View Quote
My only guess is that they're wanting the ability to reject/refuse checks for things like unpaid parking tickets.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I read that this morning. Assholes won’t name which store. That’ll probably lose them a lot of customers. I imagine more than their anti-gun stance did.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I read that this morning. Assholes won’t name which store. That’ll probably lose them a lot of customers. I imagine more than their anti-gun stance did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The associate worked at the 1950 Chestnut Place location in Denver, they last worked in the store on March 6.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The associate worked at the 1950 Chestnut Place location in Denver, they last worked in the store on March 6.
View Quote
Thank you. I see they just added that info.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish they'd indicate what his job was... night stocker? Bag/cart bitch? Cashier? None are good, but some are worse.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck I'm damn near surrounded

We are setting up a testing area tomorrow I guess. I bet we have our first presumptive by next week
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck I'm damn near surrounded

We are setting up a testing area tomorrow I guess. I bet we have our first presumptive by next week
View Quote
Lol, wife and I are officially bugging in. Went to Costco today and bought a new gaming laptop... going to work a few hours a day and PTO the rest. Spend the rest of the day playing games and shorting the stock market. WOOT.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
Gotta post more than that the Herald doesn't like ad blockers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#47]
All sit down dining in Denver closed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Delta County may have a case

Montrose City and County governments shut sown
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Statewide sit-down dining is now closed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top