Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2013 12:21:46 AM EDT
I picked up a Caspian 9mm 1911 and it has a few minor issues I need a good gun smith to look at. Any recommendations? Many thanks!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it to rocky moutain shooters supply on mulberry and talk to Keith the gun smith.  Has done good work for me in the past for reasonable amount of money.  There is also BP tatical but he is in Thorton I belive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for RMSS.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Is Chuck any good at RMSS too? Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
When I wanted to have a shotgun fitted years ago, I went and spoke with the gunsmith at RMSS. He had me shoulder the gun and swing it over his head as he watched the way my cheek contacted the stock. Then he had me rest the butt stock in the pit of my elbow to see if my trigger finger could reach the trigger. He then told me, "Looks like it fits to me!", and told me now fitting was needed.

Seriously.

So I asked him what trade school he went to for gunsmithing. He said none, he just watched some VHS tapes about gunsmithing and poof, people pay him to work on their guns.

Seriously. So I packed my stuff and got the heck out of there. Haven't been back since. Although I did call and speak with their NFA guy because I heard they were selling suppressors now. He told me that he was going to call AAC and call me back. Yet to hear from him and that was almost a year ago.

Go to Active Arms on South College, ask for Bruce. He's a REAL gunsmith. And yes, he knows the 1911 like no one else around.

Just don't get wise with him because he'll throw you out of his place. He's an old school gunsmith and he knows more than you.

BTW... Bruce has a fitter stock and actually knows how to fit a shotgun to a shooter.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's another real Gunsmith who specializes in 1911's

Pat McAndrews:  I brought my Dan Wesson to him a couple of years ago and he's one heck of a 1911 smitty.

P.M. Guns  located at 125 Carpenter Road, Fort Collins. Corner of 287 and Carpenter Road, 970-612-1911
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's another real Gunsmith who specializes in 1911's

Pat McAndrews:  I brought my Dan Wesson to him a couple of years ago and he's one heck of a 1911 smitty.

P.M. Guns  located at 125 Carpenter Road, Fort Collins. Corner of 287 and Carpenter Road, 970-612-1911

Pat 1st

Bruce. IF you don't mind waiting for ever.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep.

Bruce sometimes has a backlog of work beyond what he can even measure. A lot of people use him.

I don't know Pat but I would be delighted to have him do some of my upcoming work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]

+ Pat.
He is your man for 1911's
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for Pat for knowing what he is doing and not taking forever.  And tell him Sawtooth Rifles sent you.  I owe him a couple referrals.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 4:09:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top