Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2011 12:53:51 PM EDT
This car has been parked on the street in front of my crib since October. Its finally started to piss me off. With the snow and all its officially in the way. If someone wants to park on the street, that's cool. But this POS hasn't moved in a couple months and the plates expired in May. Doors are unlocked.

I have all kinds of fun fantasy ideas that involve fire trucks and excitement. Or maybe cancel my trash service and use it as a dumpster, probably last a single guy a few months, eh? Less than reputable "cash for cars"? Donate it to NPR?
But I want the cops to take care of it, if they do that kind of thing? Anyone know the rules or can help me with google-fu?

Link Posted: 12/8/2011 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
car-bbq for the win ?

Link Posted: 12/8/2011 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
car-bbq for the win ?

Wouldn't that be a "car-B-Q"?
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
car-bbq for the win ?

Wouldn't that be a "car-B-Q"?

picky picky picky

Looks like its a gayburu.  Put an ad on craigslist and tell the hippies its free to a good home.  It'll be gone in no time
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Use it as a dumpster or burn the bitch. I know that "accidental" fires are caused by "faulty" wiring.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Most cities have ordinances regarding this. Why not just call them and ask? The fact that plates are expired, i'm sure it's against the law to have it on a public road at all. Even if the owner renews the tags, i think vehicles have to move at least ever 72 hours or so.

You don't know who owns it? 3 months? Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]
My local police website says to call the non-emergency number and report the abandoned vehicle.

Not very exciting. It may be more fun to put a mannequin dressed as a creepy clown in it and push it in to a school zone...
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My local police website says to call the non-emergency number and report the abandoned vehicle.

Not very exciting. It may be more fun to put a mannequin dressed as a creepy clown in it and push it in to a school zone...

Yes. And write "Free Kandy" on the windows. I like the way you think. You have a truck and wanna come over for a beer around 3:30 AM?

Every time I call Lakewood non-emergency dispatch I get the run around with a real bitchy attitude. I can just ask my girlfriend about her credit card bills if I want that. Maybe there will be a slow day at the office when I can do the Lakewood government run around phone game.
I have called them to report a dog running loose, a guy living in the park, drug exchange(s), and a tree blocking a stop sign. I finally knocked on a cops window while I was out walking my dog and told him about the guy living in the park, he had backup over there in 5 minutes and they took the fucker away. Once you actually connect with a cop, especially one that gives a fuck, things happen! The rest of the bureaucracy, shall we say, hasn't been as responsive.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most cities have ordinances regarding this. Why not just call them and ask? The fact that plates are expired, i'm sure it's against the law to have it on a public road at all. Even if the owner renews the tags, i think vehicles have to move at least ever 72 hours or so.

You don't know who owns it? 3 months? Fuck that shit.

That's what I recall. I mean, people are free to park on the street, I don't own it. Even the little part in front of my mailbox that I love to keep clean for my mail-lady because she's awesome.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I know when I lived in ND if a car was abandoned and parked in a street with expired tags it was grounds for the city to tow it.  Hopefully it's the same here.  Call the non emergency number and request it be towed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The power of the interwebs is here to help you:

Lakewood PD - Frequently Asked Questions
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When you call tell them an ordinance officer was by about 2 months ago AND the vehicle is still here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you call tell them an ordinance officer was by about 2 months ago AND the vehicle is still here.

Yea tell them that smells of fertilizer and diesel.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks dude.  Who would have thought to read the FAQ's? haha  That's the google-fu help I needed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#14]
What do you know, I got the nicest gal at dispatch this time. She said they'd send a community services officer over to tag it right away.

My apologies for lumping all dispatchers into the same attitude bucket. I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#15]
There's always this place.....

http://colorado.wheelsforwishes.org/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top