Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2011 8:54:47 PM EDT
I am visiting my parents in Colo Spgs for spring break this week. I go to college at UNC in Greeley.
I have an apartment in greeley. My drivers license has my greeley address and I'm registered to vote in Weld County (greeley)

I have my "night stand" pistol here with me at my parent's house and I got to thinking about how the castle doctrine is written.
My dad doesn't own guns so if something were to happen and I used my weapon within the house in a defensive shoot, how would that work out?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a lawyer, so take this for what its worth (not much)...........

I believe that any home you have the legal right to be in (say your parents, your friend's, a motel room, etc), you'd be covered by the "make my day" law.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:23:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top