Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 5:58:34 AM EDT
I am thinking about attending the Appleseed shoot out at Ramah in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone been that can fill me in on details and worth? It seems like a outstanding program if it lives up to the description.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a friend that went last year.  He liked it.  Said that the course really helped him improve his long range accuracy.  He claimed to get a bit muddy, but I think that he liked that too.  I'll call him and try to get more details.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
www.appleseedinfo.org/smf

tons of stuff on there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
www.appleseedinfo.org/smf

tons of stuff on there.

Yep, I have snooped through all of their sites and forums....Looking to get first hand feed back.

Seems like a unbelievable opportunity for the price. Maybe its one of those rare things where you get more then you pay for. Heck these days I would settle for getting what I pay for....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
1000s of people think so.
On an all volunteer basis (nobody gets paid, in the entire org), they're going to run over 10,000 people thru this year.  A drop in the bucket, but at least a drop.
They more than doubled from last year.  (and the year before and the year before)

for $70 for 2 days vs everyone else a lot more than that.  (100's to 1000's more)

really, what's the loss?
You get to shoot stuff for 2 days

and if you pay attention and go with a good attitude, you'll learn quite a bit.

It's a good program

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to the Appleseed in Rahma back in May. Had a great time, and learned a lot about the Battle of Lexington and Concord that I never learned about in schools.

Ben Lomond is a nice range, also! At least it was in the sunny late-spring weather

Would definately recommend. Would go again if I had the time...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Everyone,

I am planning on being there on the 14th and 15th.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
That's me in the boonie 2 posts up - got my Rifleman patch too.  It's a great time - even if you're an experienced shooter, better if you're not.  After I went I had 2 friends go and they loved it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's me in the boonie 2 posts up - got my Rifleman patch too.  It's a great time - even if you're an experienced shooter, better if you're not.  After I went I had 2 friends go and they loved it.

And I'm sitting next to you on your left

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top