Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2007 12:41:07 PM EDT
I know many of you don't check out the Training section of this site, so for those that are interested in training both Larry Vickers and Pat Rogers are coming to Pueblo West in 2008.

Pat Rogers mentioned the 2007 Pueblo West class in this month's SWAT Magazine and will be photos from the class in up coming issues.

EAG Tactical Training
3 Day Carbine Operators Course

EAG Tactical (Pat Rogers and Crew) will conduct a 3 Day Carbine Operators course on May 17 - 19 2008 at the Pueblo West Sportsman's Association Range. This course is about fighting with the 5.56x45mm carbine, and the training is geared toward that specific skill set. This is not a shooting course- it is a fighting course.

Price is as follows:

- PWSA Members $550.00

- Non-PWSA Members $550.00 + ($25 per day) range fee= $625.00

Payment in full is requested 30 days  prior to the class (or 17 April 2008), unless prior arrangements have been made. USG, DoD, other organizations can continue to pay via credit card or purchase order. Contact us if you have questions.

Note that the range fee (for non-PWSA members) will be collected at the range by PWSA personnel.

ONLY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT FOR THE RANGE FEE.

To register, go to www.eagtactical.com and complete the application. Submit the application with the appropriate credentials (see below).

Once you have been accepted you will receive a notice as well as lodging information. If you have any questions, contact us directly- we will do are best to resolve any issues.

Learning Objectives

3 Day Carbine Operators Course:

This is a moderate intensity class to sharpen your fighting skills with the 5.56x56mm carbine.

• 4 safety rules
• Range Rules
• Combat Triad
(Weapons manipulation skills are highly stressed)
• Stance, balance, grip, mount-vertical fore grip/ magazine well
• Ready Positions
• Optical/ iron sights
• Offset
• External/ terminal ballistics
• Magazine choices
• Equipment Choices • BZO Theory
• Loading/ reloading
• Positions- conventional/ asymmetrical
• Pairs, Failure Drills, Non Standard Response
• Malfunction reduction
• Multiple Target Engagements
• Pistol Transition
• Shooting on the move
• Shooting laterally
• Stepping off line of attack
• Qual Course Carbine

The actual content of the course may vary slightly due to range restrictions and also to better accommodate the skill sets of the shooters

What to Expect

A three day class on how to fight with the carbine. This is not shooting polka dots, but is a condensed version of what we are using today. The class is moderately physical.
Attendees must be active police officers; Active Duty Military; or possess a valid pistol license from any state. A Certificate of Good Conduct (no criminal record) or equivalent from your local Law Enforcement Agency will suffice.
Live fire exercises are inherently dangerous. Safety violations will be dealt with harshly. We cannot afford to have an unsafe shooter in a class.

I reserve the right to refuse admission to the class for any reason. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the class for any reason. Questions??

What to Bring
A good attitude!

• A serviceable 5.56mm Carbine.

What you bring is not as important as the fact that it works. Having a spare extractor/ spring is not a bad idea. Bring the lube of your choice. But bring lube.

• 1300 Rounds of serviceable carbine ammunition; 250 rounds pistol ammunition.

• The amount of ammunition recommended is an average. The actual number of rounds fired may be more or less depending on overall skill level of the class, weather and range issues.

• A minimum of 3 serviceable magazines for the carbine. More are obviously better- the less jamming of magazines you do during the day, the more time you learn how to fight.

• The carbine needs a sling. A tac sling works better, but any sling will do.

• A means to carry at least two carbine magazines on your person.

• If you have a red dot sight, bring spare batteries.

• A serviceable pistol, with three serviceable magazines.

• A holster and magazine pouch.

• Eye and earpro, as well as a baseball type hat.

• Water. A CamelBak is ideal, but be prepared to hydrate.

• Bring food. Bring munchies as well as lickies and chewies. If you are not physically at your best, you will not be able to function safely and efficiently.

• Knee and elbow pads.

• Pen/ pencil.

If you have questions, contact Pat Rogers at [email protected]

Or Jeff Carpenter at [email protected]  (ZERO before the [email protected], not the letter "o")

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for hosting, Jeff. Truly a great class.

Naturally, a big thank you to Pat and Mike. Top notch professionals.

Looking forward to the next one.

Pete
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks Jeff!  It was a great class.

Link Posted: 5/22/2008 7:31:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Jeff.

I appreciate all the time, effort and work you put into hosting the class.

It was a good time and I believe I am  much more competent with an AR now.

Thanks again, Tom
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Great course!
Appreciate all the time and effort that Jeff (USMC03) gave up for free, so that we could have access to some top notch training here in Colorado.

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing you at the next training event.

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Jeff,

Can we get more info on the chest rig of Diz's and Pat's BAE RBAV?
Where'd they get them?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Not Jeff, but i received my RBAV directly from BAE as a T&E several months ago.
The designer- Matt Johnson- and i are friends and have worked together extensively in the past.
I believe that ATS is a distributor for this line.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top