Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 11:10:57 AM EDT
A friend of mine is looking to get into the shooting sports by buying a rfile, probably a 10/22 (we are  both college students in CO).  The MD forum guys told me that there were no problems with this from an MD point of view, but none of the CO dealers that we've contacted are willing to sell to him.  Is there a requirement that the perspective buyer be a resident of an adjacent state or something?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
try jensen's in loveland unless the firearm you're buying is restricted in your home state there should be no reason not to sell you a long gun
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Part of the problem may be his ID. If it was from Maryland, that might have made it a no-go.

As I understand it, to buy a long gun in Colorado, one needs to be either a resident or a resident of one of the adjoining states. At least, that's what the poster in the Wal-Mart said.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Part of the problem may be his ID. If it was from Maryland, that might have made it a no-go.

As I understand it, to buy a long gun in Colorado, one needs to be either a resident or a resident of one of the adjoining states. At least, that's what the poster in the Wal-Mart said.

this issue has been discussed a few times. some say yes some say no. i have never had a problem (except in cali) with buying a long gun. using my co dl. most ffl's don't know the law (sad to say) just like you can ship a long gun to a vaild ffl in another state w/out using your local ffl to do the transfer.
i had a buyer from ohio said his ffl could not accept a long gun w/out it being from another ffl. its the law. while the same time another buyer (from ohio no less) said no problem his ffl did transfers like that all the time.  guess it depends on who you talk to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top