Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 7:37:02 AM EDT
I've got a project I'm working on, originally thought I'd have it done up with norrell's moly resin but I got a bug this weekend for blued steel and wonder if there are any smiths in N. Colorado you guys would suggest for good steel blue jobs.   I'll be doing most of the metal prep, if that helps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Bruce over at Active Arms?

I don't know of anyone else that does bluing, and I am not sure that Bruce does....

As a matter of fact I am not even sure Bruce is his name

Lots of help I am
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah it's bruce. if he does it hope you are not in a hurry. he's kind of slow (real slow)
you might have to settle for out of state smith. but check with pat over @ pm gunsmith across from jensens in loveland.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
yeah it's bruce. if he does it hope you are not in a hurry. he's kind of slow (real slow)
you might have to settle for out of state smith. but check with pat over @ pm gunsmith across from jensens in loveland.

Pat will send it out of state to get the work done.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Pat will send it out of state to get the work done
bummer
give rocky mountain arms a call. he's in longmont south of 119. he's done some nice teflon coatings on a few of my toy's. he might have a line on someone if he's not set up for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Hickman's Rifles in Colorado SPrings can do bluing on steel guns.  While that might be a bit of a commute from northern Colorado, it might be better than sending the weapon out of state.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
You might Try Milt at Qualite Pistol in Parker.  He's usually at the Tanner Gun Show
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
It is Bruce Kirk.  And he does bluing as of 2yrs ago.  I really don't know how good his work is though.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]
This probably couldn't be more vague, but I was thinking that gunshop on west Vine,(which I can't remember their name now) the one west of shields was a gunsmith too, you may call and ask if they do bluing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Heh, yeah its in Ft collins  I dont know, I have only been in there a couple times, I figured they couldn't have been too bad since they had a line of rifles behind the counter they were working on for people each time I was there.    But I guess not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top