Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 3:51:34 PM EDT
I am coming up from Texas, any good gun related things to see in Colorado Springs

Air Force Acadamy - any museums?
Gun shops?
Places to eat?

Anything close to the Windham Hotel?

Thanks

HK Ag
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame museum used to be right next door, but I think they're still closed.  The Academy is very close.  Pikes Peak is the BIG attraction, go by train or by car.  Seven Falls.  If you're into art there's Van Briggle Art Pottery and Michael Garman Galleries (close to each other).  Hmmmm....  Karl.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, THE gun shop!  Specialty Sports and Supply at Murray and Fountain I think.  Karl.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Karl forgot Garden of the Gods I see. Bad Karl.

Actually the Springs, and surroundings, is full of good touristy type of things. Possible one of the be biggest selection in the state. Not to say it's a tourist trap, it's not. It's just that it has such a wide selection of things to choose from. Believe me, your motel will have more brochures than you can shake a stick at.

Enjoy your stay!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Fargos Pizza and Red Top Hamburgers!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Cave of the winds is pretty amusing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks

I was able to get to Seven falls and Garden of the gods.  Both really amazing to see for a Houston area flatlander.

We ate at Sunbird overlooking the town and at Chicago's (great pizza!)

Beautiful scenery.  Loved the weather.

HK Ag
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad you had a good trip!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top