Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 8:58:29 PM EDT
Boys, I'ma lookin' fer a Russian Capture K98 at this here show. Will be stoppin' by about 0930, I think, with a couple of gunblogger friends of mine. Anybody that wants to join us is welcome - IM or email me for meetup info!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going just don't know what day or time.  Just look for a boat anchor of an AR hauled around by a big ugly guy, that's me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there. Just look for the RedNeck
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Are these gun shows still worth going to? I haven't been to a gun show for several years but
the last couple I attended were real bummers. Hardly anything interesting nad mostly candy and
flea market junk. Is the Crossroads show better? It always used to be the best show in Colorado.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, the last few gun shows I have been to were a complete waste of time. I'm going to this one though. I am going to pick up a rifle I bought and have a look around.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be going. I'll have my arfcom shirt.

Comm-bloc ammo hunting!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Good way to kill a couple of hours.  Occasional deal on something I am looking for, but mostly I go for the great stories I have afterward about some total BS from some total moron.  

Seydou
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I will keep my ears open.  Sometimes I like to ask a question that I know the answer to, just to see what someone will say.

It usually becomes quickly apparent who knows what they are talking about and who is just blowing smoke. Give them enough rope...

I'll let you know if I hear any whoppers.

Seydou
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I always come home pissed off and insulted to the max. The gun you have is junk and not worth a dime, but the gun they have which is identical to yours is worth more than what you can buy them new. I have been going to these shows for 20+ years. You would think I would chill out. One bad thing at todays show is they are about the highest in the state on sales tax.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good way to kill a couple of hours.  Occasional deal on something I am looking for, but mostly I go for the great stories I have afterward about some total BS from some total moron.  

Seydou

You do know that we will be waiting to hear a good story?  You need to fish for an all time great.  

I went to the show last weekend in Montrose. There was one guy with a Chinese M14s sitting on the table. Slid in for a better look and then heard this stuff he was spouting. It was about Bush being convicted of war crimes by a UN tribunal, but of course he wouldn't submit to it. And then things about depleted unranium and Iraqi parents no longer asking if the newborn is "a boy or a girl?" They ask "Is it okay?"

I got out of there before anybody could think I was associated with the nut.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Narrowed down the time I'm going....Sun at around noon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometime when I am not across the big pond I will go to one of these again.  The last couple of shows I went to were much smaller than a few years ago.  It is really kind of sad.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to the show today. I just don't see how these people make any money. It's tough to be an exhibitor. Of course they don't make it easy on the buyer.

Here's a few examples:
1. Bulgarian 30 rd .223 mags $60 EACH!
2. Beater Valmet M-71, $1600!
3. Mini-14 GB LEO, synthetic stock $770

Prices are so out of whack, that I only bought an UZI mag and an AK sling. There is still too many junk sellers, selling trinkets and toys and crap.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#14]
got some ammo from miwall.  a beretta mag.  no deals, but it kept me out of walmart for a few more months. more canes, but fewer oxygen tanks at least.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Actually I was surprised today.  The show was better than it has been in awhile. That being said it was still disappointing eventhough I had to go through it in about an hour.

I was looking for an extra tall front sight post.  One guy said that he had them but they were the thinner NM type.  When asked about std. width he stated they do not make them.  I am not sure who "they"are.

Another exhibitor said "they" make them but neither he nor anyone else had any taller sight posts of any kind and he would know because he had just gone around to ask everyone that very question.

It is just so frustrating!  I wish some of these people would actually even consider learning how to use a computer and the internet, or realize every person is not a moron.

The comical award of the day must go to the guy selling 100 round mags!  Am I that naive or has anyone else seen these things?  Seriously, I have seen the 50 round but not the 100's.Who buys this shit?

In the end I bought a case of Wolf and a case of XM193.  $115 and $200 respectively.  Whatever, I hate ammo prices these days.

I did see a BM A3 SuperLight for $729.  I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Seydou.

PS  Which one of you was the guy in a black EOTech tshirt, red and white ball cap. with the AR with a can?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Yo, that was me with the red hat and EOTech shirt.  You should have said hi.  

Good Lord, I've never ran into so many butt fucks in my life.  At one point some dude came up to me and said in the most uneducated, redneck voice "hey boy, I'd like to get to know you.  I'll pay for the ammo, let me take ya shoot'en".  Jesus Christ, are you fucking kidding me?  Trust me this was not a nice greeting.  And if your the fat fuck in the black T with your fucking plumers crack so low I could see your chocolate starfish, who made me feel like testing out my strike plate on my M93b stock.......don't try that that shit again or you will loose your last three theeth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little redneck too (or my wife says) but this show had more B.O., fart smells, and bad breath than any I've been to before.  What the shit is up with the random bangers walking around this place?  Did anyone else see the white Coolieo?  Sweet braids ya dumb shit.

Form now on I will only go to buy ammo and that's it.

On the good side I talked to two guys who seemed to be good folks.  One guy was in the process of building a basic RRA platform into what sounded like a good set up.  I refered him to ARF.  

Could not leave with out spending anything so I bought a new bore brush and a t- shirt.  Even the guys I buy ammo from only brought the spendy ammo.

Entrance......$5.00

Hot dog.........$3.00

bore brush.....$1.50

Sprinfield Armory t shirt......$16.95

B.O., fart smell, butt cracks and bad/beer breath......yeah, you know it  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Huh.. had some last-minute obligations, so I wasn't able to attend. From the sound of it, though, it seems like I missed out on another QUALITY gunshow.

I'm so jealous of the Texans now...

PS. I almost want to get some shirts made:
Front: "I'm not a moron. Don't run your mouth."
Back: "ARFCOM"
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yo, that was me with the red hat and EOTech shirt.  You should have said hi.  

Good Lord, I've never ran into so many butt fucks in my life.  At one point some dude came up to me and said in the most uneducated, redneck voice "hey boy, I'd like to get to know you.  I'll pay for the ammo, let me take ya shoot'en".  Jesus Christ, are you fucking kidding me?  Trust me this was not a nice greeting.  And if your the fat fuck in the black T with your fucking plumers crack so low I could see your chocolate starfish, who made me feel like testing out my strike plate on my M93b stock.......don't try that that shit again or you will loose your last three theeth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little redneck too (or my wife says) but this show had more B.O., fart smells, and bad breath than any I've been to before.  What the shit is up with the random bangers walking around this place?  Did anyone else see the white Coolieo?  Sweet braids ya dumb shit.

Form now on I will only go to buy ammo and that's it.

On the good side I talked to two guys who seemed to be good folks.  One guy was in the process of building a basic RRA platform into what sounded like a good set up.  I refered him to ARF.  

Could not leave with out spending anything so I bought a new bore brush and a t- shirt.  Even the guys I buy ammo from only brought the spendy ammo.

Entrance......$5.00

Hot dog.........$3.00

bore brush.....$1.50

Sprinfield Armory t shirt......$16.95

B.O., fart smell, butt cracks and bad/beer breath......yeah, you know it  

WTF I went sunday at noon and it was $7.00 to get in

All I picked up was a SIMMONS PRO-DIAMOND 1.5-5x20 for $45.00
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#19]
7Kopper

I should have said something but I was a bit rushed.  In and out in under 45 minutes.  Maybe next time.

By the way, where do you normally shoot your "boat anchor"?  I occasionally hit a range in town but most of the time shoot in the mountains at our place near Bailey.  I much prefer it and the only real down side is having to pick up my brass.

Seydou
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Its now Monday...   Could'nt make it.  I have several wellfare families to support!    
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
7Kopper

I should have said something but I was a bit rushed.  In and out in under 45 minutes.  Maybe next time.

By the way, where do you normally shoot your "boat anchor"?  I occasionally hit a range in town but most of the time shoot in the mountains at our place near Bailey.  I much prefer it and the only real down side is having to pick up my brass.

Seydou

We normally go to Hwy 7 and Hwy 72 beyond Lyons, but it's getting so crowded that I am not sure if we'll ever go back.

Would it be possible to drag my crew to your shootin' spot in Bailey?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
7Kopper

Seydou

We normally go to Hwy 7 and Hwy 72 beyond Lyons, but it's getting so crowded that I am not sure if we'll ever go back.

I am sorry, and please do not take this the wrong way, but I am not going to invite a bunch of people who I do not know, to go shooting.

There are however, a bunch of places around Pine that are public lands that would have to be better than where you have been going.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
7Kopper

Seydou

I am sorry, and please do not take this the wrong way, but I am not going to invite a bunch of people who I do not know, to go shooting.

There are however, a bunch of places around Pine that are public lands that would have to be better than where you have been going.

Seydou

Aren't gun hobbyists the friendliest bunch you'll never meet? Don't worry there, chief, the chances of you and I ever voluntarily running into one another just fell by 100%.

I'll shoot where I shoot, and you can shoot where you shoot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
7Kopper

Seydou

Seydou

Aren't gun hobbyists the friendliest bunch you'll never meet? Don't worry there, chief, the chances of you and I ever voluntarily running into one another just fell by 100%.

Apparently you did take it the wrong way.

I don't know you from Adam, much less any of your "crew".  The first thing out of your keyboard was asking me for something.  What kind of response did you expect?

I was being polite and even offered suggestions for where you might shoot, and you chose to be offended.

Your response to mine reaffirms my reasoning.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
7Kopper

Seydou

Seydou

Apparently you did take it the wrong way.

I don't know you from Adam, much less any of your "crew".  The first thing out of your keyboard was asking me for something.  What kind of response did you expect?

I was being polite and even offered suggestions for where you might shoot, and you chose to be offended.

Your response to mine reaffirms my reasoning.

Seydou

Too bad. When you said, "our place in Bailey,"  I assumed that it's your favorite place to shoot, not your "compound," or whatever you'd call it. Most folks don't have the financial wherewithall to have places to shoot. I believed it was public land, and that's why I took it the way I did.

But don't worry - even if it is, I'm still never going to ask you about it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top