Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 1:34:18 PM EDT
What is the current law on this? I can't find any information that is concise and to the point.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
 You cant have any
  Move to Texas  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
?! Ummm that can't be right... Last I heard (I live in Thorton mind you) was that they only restricted some assault weapons (NOT including the AR) and there was a magazine capacity limit...

Wow tried to Google the damn thing and you get a MAZE of stuff. You absolutely right. There doesnt seem to be anything clear on it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thorton isn't Denver. Don't Do It.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to move to good ole' Texas, my original birthplace, but work doesn't permit it. For now I have to deal with Colorado. By the way, called a gunshop and he didn't really know either. He has a few customers with AR's that live in Denver but he said he didn't really know in terms of legality. It's a shame you can own an AR in the state of Colorado but soon as you get into Denver you can't, at least that's the impression I have right now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]
denver county chose to limit mags to 20rds after the ban sunsetted.  an AR is not illegal to own.  regardless,  i keep my stuff at my brothers'.  in boulder county of all places!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought you just had to register them?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the information in this thread:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=20&t=201462
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Call the Denver PD for an answer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top