Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 7:41:09 PM EDT
I work one job in loveland every weekend I get the chance and worked there all summer. But now I find myself in need of more money I need to save a little more for a truck and then I will need insurance,gas,and registration money. Dang this is expensive. It might be hard gettin a good job because I am only 15. Any way I know there are alot of you in Ft Collins and was wondering if anybody knew of any job openings. It seems its much better to talk to locals then look in some of the classifieds. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope you find one.  Findin a good job at your age can be a challenge.  I was there a few years ago...

But, when ya get your Pickup.  POST PICS!  :)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one job, I work. Its just that I am $1000 from my goal. I am looking at a nice ford right now eddie bauer edtion. So close yet so far away.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
ford.  

FORD?

FORD!

I am a Dodge guy, you cant beat the ram lines.  I also had a f**d once, it was a piece of crap, and I worked at Garnsey and Wheeler as a mechanic, and fords were STILL a pile a ford!   BTW, dont work at Garnsey and Wheeler.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Dodge?

Dodge?

Dodge?

I need worthwhile truck one that runs and that I can count on. My dad had a dodge just sold it recently, and for a 4x4 it was horrible. It wasnt worth **** offroad. I spent alot of time in the Mts in snow and mud I need a reliable 4x4. Ford,Chevy, or GMC. I would never go offroad in dodge again unless the axels were replaced and it had lockers. Thanks for the offer M4, maybe if i can find some free time. Debats on I will come back to this later.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Your dad didnt have the heavy duty axles, or transfer case.  I have a 97 dodge ram 360ci with off road package.   It has served me very well, and looks like a million bucks.  But, if you are so dead set against Dodge, I had a 88GMC 3/4 ton with ~320,000miles on it when I stopped driving it.  It was a great truck.  The engine has never been apart, it has always started, and never leaked oil.  It has been delegated to Farm Truck status, and assuming I dont need to go over 40mph it will be a great farm truck.

My main problem with the Ford was the body and interior are flimsy.  The body is made of much lighter sheetmetal than chevy or dodge.  The interior was constantly breaking or rattling, and they couldnt figure out how to make a !%$* cupholder that held anything in.   The driveline was good though.  You just cant break a 96-97 powerstroke.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it was the truck we had, I dont know but being in that truck has had me dead set aginst dodge. The only think I like about dodge is the cummins engine. Other than that I see nothing good about them. I have one problem with finding this new job. Im 15. I have a permit and will be getting a licence soon. I dont want to settle for a pos truck. I work but its not enough, most places dont hire until you are 16, and by then its to late. I hate to say it, and dred the day that it happens but I might have to sell a gun. I hope very much that this doesnt happen but with my current situation, I dont know what will happen. Its to bad you cant work at a gun store until your 18.(or 21 but dealers told us 18) I tend to know more that the people behind the counter and love that kind of stuff. Oh well, just have to work hard and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Ooops, I already stated I am 15 in my first post. Right now I am employed and a rental store in loveland. I work with everything from chairs to fork lifts and everything inbetween.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Oooh! oooh! Aimpoint or EOTech?!

Hoho, we should make a job thread or something.

I'm looking for a job, too. Engineering student taking a semester off, I'm flexible with skills. Computers, administrative, plain labor, I can do it. South Denver.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]
meebe I am slow.  But why would 16 be too late to get your truck?  

I mean, do you turn into a pumpkin or something?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Only good thing about dodge is the cummins.  <-- Quote

Well, as a tidbit of trivia, the original Cummins was designed by ford.  Ford did not like it, then the powerstroke was then designed by International Harvester(ford).  They just had to have that V-8 Diesel.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No, I want to get my truck some time before I turn 16.  It would be my only way of getting to where I want to go. And I want to make sure I have time to fix any problems the truck might have. I want it ready to go by the time Im 16. I know I will have a truck by then I just want the nicest truck possible.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted: Hoho, we should make a job thread or something.quote] Thats a good ideas but I doubt there is enough demand. This thread should work for now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I want to get my truck some time before I turn 16.  It would be my only way of getting to where I want to go. And I want to make sure I have time to fix any problems the truck might have. I want it ready to go by the time Im 16. I know I will have a truck by then I just want the nicest truck possible.

Wether you get it when you are 15 or 16, I reccomend that you take your time and find what you want.  And find it at a price where you can afford to pay cash.  Its your money, you worked hard for it.  It is commendable that you have such a work ethic at 15.  

Another word of advise, dont overstress yourself.  Get your grades up and keep them up, your truck wont last forever, but your GPA will haunt you in a good or bad way for the rest of your life.  It will be a factor in what truck or (insert shiny object here) you buy next.  

Even if you dont want to go to a 4year school later, you will probably go to some sort of higher education.(welding, police academy, mechanic training...).  Getting a good scholarship can be a big help.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I am trying to keep my grades up in school. And I plan on talking business classes when I finish high school. Or even start at Front Range during hs. It counts as High school and collage credits and you get a scolarship.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Please consider that vehicles are terrible "investments".    They need periodic and expensive maintenance, and eventually their value goes to basically zero.   Hell, you can even resell guns for 75% of their value.

A degree from a good university will pay for itself a hundred times over in your lifetime.   Alternatively, invest your savings somewhere stable yet profitable (any decent mutual fund should yield 5-10% per year) and go join the armed forces for 4 years.  

-z
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes, I am trying to keep my grades up in school. And I plan on talking business classes when I finish high school. Or even start at Front Range during hs. It counts as High school and collage credits and you get a scolarship.

You said you were in loveland?  As an engineer, I can say that Aims has a good math/sci department if you are interested in that field.  I transferred from Aims and I can say that transfer is a good option, you can also save some money if you have to pay for your own school.  

Front range has a good Computer Sci and Business program though.  Although it is hard to screw up the first two years of business school.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#19]
No, I just work in loveland. I live in Ft Collins that is the problem I need to work more and can only work some weekends at this job. I need somthing after school and weekends.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
No, I just work in loveland. I live in Ft Collins that is the problem I need to work more and can only work some weekends at this job. I need somthing after school and weekends.

Sorry, kinda got off topic...  What worked for me when I was that age was to put on a nice shirt and slacks and start goin from place to place.  I was going after blue collar jobs at the time.  What it comes down to is how well you can sell yourself.  Age will be your limiting factor with most narrow minded employers, but dont get discouraged.  If you look enough and network enough you will find something.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top