Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2004 10:52:49 AM EDT
Other guys have asked me to post classes here the next time I was hosting one....so here goes

I'm bring James Yeager and crew back to Southern Colorado for the 5th time!!!!  This time it's a 2 day Tactical Carbine Course and a 1 day Advanced Tactical Pistol Course over the Columbus Day weekend (October 9th - 11th).  Students can take just the Carbine or just the Pistol portion of the class or both courses.

This will be the 3rd Tactical Carbine course and the 3rd Tactical Pistol Course I've taken from Yeager.  The last class Yeager taught in Southern Colorado (May 2004) almost 50% of the students were student's that had trained with Yeager at past classes.  For a short review with pics of one of Yeager's carbine courses:

groups.msn.com/ColoradoAR15ShootersSite/opstacticalpistolandcarbinereviewpics.msnw

Get more from your training:
groups.msn.com/ColoradoAR15ShootersSite/getmorefromyourtraining.msnw

***TACTICAL RIFLE COURSE***

Location: Pueblo West Sportsman’s Association (PWSA), Pueblo West, COLORADO

Date:  October 9-10, 2004

PWSA Member Cost: $300   Non-PSWA Member cost: $350

The center fire semi-auto rifle chambered for a full power or intermediate cartridge is the most formidable and versatile personal fighting implement devised to date. Appropriate for either the defensive, tactical, or sporting user, this two-day course imparts a level of understanding that far exceeds graduates of U.S. military rifle training. Covers trajectory, battlesight zero, transitions, reloading, practical ready and firing positions, snap shooting, weapons handling, urban applications, team drills, firing while moving, moving and multiple targets, plus the tactics required to employ this potent tool in combat.

This is the best Tactical Rifle training you can buy. We guarantee it!

Course Equipment List: One (1) open mind, semi-auto magazine fed rifle with TACTICAL sling, 1000 rounds of ammunition for rifle, 250 rounds of ammunition for handgun, Strongside belt holster, eye and ear protection (muffs recommended), sturdy gun belt, minimum of three magazines for each weapon, magazine pouches, raingear (We shoot rain or shine), hat and sunblock, drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended)

To enroll or for more information please contact:

James Yeager - President
Tactical Response Inc.
www.WarriorMindset.com
Experience The Power Of Life At The Cutting Edge!
Phone 731-676-2041

***ADVANCED TACTICAL PISTOL COURSE***

Date:  Monday October 11th, 2004

PWSA Member Cost: $150    Non-PWSA Member cost: $175

This skill based course takes over where Tactical Pistol left off teaching you how to shoot faster and better and in a much wider array of shooting scenarios and drills. This course puts your skills at a new higher level. Precision and speed are the goals for this course. It is a great class for the Tactician, Shooter, or IDPA / IPSC competitors who want to go to the next level.

You must be a graduate of our Tactical Pistol course, or another course from an established Instructor to attend this class.

Course Equipment List: One (1) open mind, 1000 rounds, Strongside belt holster, eye and ear protection (muffs recommended), sturdy gun belt, Minimum of three magazines, magazine pouch, raingear (We shoot rain or shine), hat and sunblock, drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended)

To enroll or for more information please contact:

James Yeager - President
Tactical Response Inc.
www.WarriorMindset.com
Experience The Power Of Life At The Cutting Edge!
Phone 731-676-2041

For course or local info feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] .....To enroll in the courses listed above contact Yeager at [email protected]

Link Posted: 6/22/2004 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I HIGHLY recommend any training with Yeager and his team. It is worth every penny.
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope to see you there, Lancelot.  You'll really like the team drills in the Carbine Course....trust me
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Lancelot

Hey Guys,

I have received NUMEROUS emails about this class, many people think because Yeager and some of his instructors have gone to Iraq that the class has been canceled....Well it HASN'T.....THE SHOW WILL GO ON!!! Tactical Response Inc. still has instructors here in the U.S.

The class is still a go. If anyone needs flyers, info, etc. feel free to drop me an email at [email protected]

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#7]
As long as I'm posting the map.....

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
btt for usmc03
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Defcon,

Sorry I missed this......We just had a Tactical Pistol Course in May of 2004, so we probably won't be doing another basic Tactical Pistol Course for another year to 2 years (depending on demand for this course)

Lancelot,

Thanks

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Defcon,

Sorry I missed this......We just had a Tactical Pistol Course in May of 2004, so we probably won't be doing another basic Tactical Pistol Course for another year to 2 years (depending on demand for this course)

Lancelot,

Thanks

Semper Fi
Jeff

Related to this subject, I am very interested in taking this Tactical Rifle class, but fear that I may be in over my head, or, that I may be to slow for the class.  The reason I say this is because I have never taken a tactical class (rifle or pistol) of any kind.  Nor have I ever been in the military, police, etc.

I do shoot a lot, and have been around guns all my life, and have all the necessary gear though.  Last thing I want to do is aggravate the rest of my class because I do not understand the basic concepts and terminology.  

What are the prerequisites?

Thanks-
KOTB

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
KingOfTheBumps,

Q: What are the prerequisites?

A: None for the Tactical Carbine Course, you do have to take the Tactical Pistol before you can attend the Advanced Tactical Pistol....But the Tactical Carbine is a 2 day course and is seperate from the 1 day Advanced Tactical Pistol Course

Hey Brother, don't worry you will NOT be in over your head if you were to take this course and you will learn A LOT!!!!!!!  I have brought Tactical Response (formerly OPS Southeast) to Southern Colorado 5 times and the reason I keep bringing them back out is because students want me to bring them out for more training.  

The only gear you need is a semi-auto rifle or carbine of some sort (AR, AK, FAL, Mini-14, SKS, etc, etc, etc) pistol is suggested but not mandatory (we do shoot with the pistol during transition drills, etc), ammo and mags.  Nothing fancy.  If you have gear you are welcome to bring it and some guys do and some guys don't.  Even if you don't have a pistol or rifle I've seen instructors loan their personal firearms to students (but those arangements need to be made prior to class)

The first time I had taken a class from James Yeager and crew was in 2001.  At that time I had spent 4 years in the USMC (Infantry and Close Quarter Battle background) and 5 years as a Police Officer (2 years SWAT).....and I was truely amazed at how much NEW information I had been taught.

In every class we have had very new shooters (had a guy that had only fired a box of 50 round in his entire life prior to attending a tactical pistol class) all the way up to SWAT cops and federal agents (DEA, Dept of Homeland Security, etc) and everyone in between.  At all the classes I have attended EVERYONE has done well, improved their skills, and wanted more training.    

Approximately 40% to 50% of the students are repeat students, hell we've even got a few guys that took the last Tactical Carbine Course coming back again to take the same course.  That's right, we'll have 3 to 5 guys in this class that have already taken this class once and are paying full price tuition to take the class again.....I think that right there says something.

The thing that you will learn in this course is how to save your life with a firearm, and it's not just shooting.  Mindset, tactics, and shooting skills are all taught in this course.

You may want to read an article written by James Yeager called "Get More From Your Training", it's printed below and may help you make a decission.

I would like to pass along some information that might make you tuition at your next class go further. This is directed toward firearms and tactical training but will most likely apply to other areas of Instruction.

I remember my very first training class. It was very exciting and a little scary. Who were the other pistoleros? Would they laugh at me? Would they be safe? There were many things going through my mind as the class began. My first class, like many other people's, held the highest amount of information I would ever take from one lesson. Why? Because shooting isn't too complex and after you get the basics there isn't a lot left. No matter how "high speed" a class is advertised as it is still applying all of those basic things you learned at the first class.

I have been instructing for a while now and I still take classes to keep up with the current "high speed" techniques, which as I said, aren't that new or high speed. Being an Instructor has made me a better student. I have learned from the other side what makes a class flow more smoothly. I am going to give you my opinions on what will make you learn more in a training environment.

The Golden Rule is to have an OPEN MIND. Go to every class with the opinion you know nothing. Push all of your previous training to the side and do the class EXACTLY like the Instructor tells you. Even if he tells you to do something that is alien or never worked for you in the past. I was taught the isosceles stance FOUR TIMES before I realized it is the best for me. I now look back at all of the money I wasted on training before I learned this concept.

Another problem changing techniques in a class is the fact that your groups might open up as you perfect the new method. This is a natural thing but  99.9% won't do it because we don't want to look bad in front of the other Ninjas. So we keep on pluggin' away with our inferior ways. If you change the way you shoot you will most likely have a short period of feeling awkward about the new technique. Classes are not competitions. Stay with it a while before you give up on it. It just might pay off.

Nobody wants to take a basic level class. Everyone wants an "advanced" class. I hate to be the one who breaks it to you but they are all pretty much the same. No REALLY BIG difference in a basic and advanced class. Sure advanced classes are different but not too much. Take basic classes. They contain a lot of very good information. I have taken about 7 or 8 basic classes and I learned a lot from every single one of them. Don't turn your nose up at lower level classes.

If you think you know more than the Instructor keep your mouth shut. It is his class and if you want to teach start your own school. I did. What you shouldn't do is interrupt and correct him. If you have a valid point to make wait for a break in the lecture, he will want to hear it. Don't tutor other students. If you want to teach....

After you take a class you must practice the things you learned. Getting new skills at a class and practicing is kind of like buying a new car and making payments. After you make enough payments the car is yours. If you go to the range and "make payments" the new skills will be yours too.

I have taken MANY classes with guys who take training all of the time. At the beginning of every class they have to be shown the basics of how to shoot and they slow the class down. Take time between classes and ingrain those new techniques. IDPA and IPSC are great places to build skill and confidence.

No matter how good your favorite school is you have to train at different places. If your school tells you to never do "this" go find a school that says to always do it. If you favorite school teaches Weaver go find an Isosceles program. Go to as many different types of learning environments as possible. Go to schools run by ex-military, police, champion shooters and learn something from all the different outlooks to be well rounded.

Most schools sell more pistol classes than all others combined. Learn to use those long guns, hands, knives and other tools too. Many people will train handgun and nothing else. You will find your tactical toolbox to be empty those times when you have no alternative but to fight your way to safety.

Show up for class on time and be prepared to stay. I have been to schools that you "trained" 5 hours out of the 8 and yet others where you where begging for a break. Besides your standard range gear take water, a snack, and weather appropriate clothing if training outside. Pack any needed medications in your bag.

Try to stay relaxed but focused. Staying calm during the exercises will enable you to learn more and do better. Not being tense will make you much safer. When students get jumpy they have a tendency to make safety violations.

Train with the gear you wear every day. Don't have a carry gun, a training gun, and a match gun. Train like you fight, and fight like you train. Pick a reliable gun and wear it out. I know guys who carry Glocks but if they go to a certain school they carry a different brand to appease the staff. Train with the gun you carry in the holster you carry it in every day.

Take your training seriously. Don't go out and get drunk the night before. Get a good night's sleep and a decent breakfast. Hangovers and gunfire are not a good combination.

I am sure I am forgetting something but you get the idea. Be a professional student and get the most out of your training dollar.

1* James Yeager
Chief Instructor OPS Southeast

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly at [email protected] or you can post them here.

Hope to see you in the class

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]

USMC03-

Thanks for the thorough answer, it is appreciated.  I will be sending you an email.

KOTB
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
USMC03-

Thanks for the thorough answer, it is appreciated.  I will be sending you an email.

KOTB

No problem, hope to see you and some other board members there

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
USMC03-

KOTB

No problem, hope to see you and some other board members there

Semper Fi
Jeff

Jeff-

I just sent you and email.  As long as there is still room, I am in.  I can't wait to finally learn how to really shot this gun!

KOTB

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, it sounds like I really need to take this course.  I just arrived at Fort Carson, and have zero carbine experience except for the Army qualification range.  Unfortunately, I'm waiting for the AR I want to show up at Specialty Sports up here in the Springs.

Anyone know of any good dealers in the area that may have some post-sunset M4geries or former LEO-only carbines?  I'd really like to bring my own if I was to sign up for this course.

Pistols are all still in storage too, unfortunately.  I literally just got here a week ago.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wow, it sounds like I really need to take this course.  I just arrived at Fort Carson, and have zero carbine experience except for the Army qualification range.  Unfortunately, I'm waiting for the AR I want to show up at Specialty Sports up here in the Springs.

Anyone know of any good dealers in the area that may have some post-sunset M4geries or former LEO-only carbines?  I'd really like to bring my own if I was to sign up for this course.

Pistols are all still in storage too, unfortunately.  I literally just got here a week ago.

Dave

Dave-

While I am not aware of any gun stores in the 'Springs, I can say that Green Mountain Guns (in Lakewood) always seems to offer the best prices in the Denver area.  They always have several ARs in stock, although I could not say for sure if they have any with the setup you are looking for.  You can call them at  303-985-7240 and I am sure they could let you know.  They do a brisk business there, so if they have a gun you want, see if they will hold it (credit card) until you can drive up there (maybe with a cc number?).  They also have a good selection of pistols.

Good luck, hope to see you there.

KOTB

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
3ACR_Scout

If you can't get a carbine in time for the course, call Allen Webb or James Yeager at Phone 731-676-2041 and let them know your situation.  One of the instructors my lend you one of their rifles for the course.

King of the Bumps,

It was good talking to you today, if you need anything feel free to give me a holler.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#19]
The class kicks off this coming Saturday (5 days away)....Hope to see some of you there.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#20]
ROLL CALL, WHO'S GOING TO BE AT THIS CLASS????

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Me, but you already knew that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Jeff - Looks like I'll be there too!  I spoke to Allen and he said one of the instructors should be able to loan me a rifle, and probably a pistol also, or I may at least be able to rotate weapons with them.  I picked up all the necessary ammo today.

I also found a Bushmaster LE carbine in town, but it's a standard upper with integral carrying handle - I'm going to hold out for the A3 rail style.  Bummer!

See you tomorrow!

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top