Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/7/2017 11:54:43 AM EDT
FUCKED!!

God Damn It!
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Mangy Dingo's ads against Englund, where they state "she hasn't rejected Trump and his politics"

Seems to be a new thing where liberals expect anyone to the right of them to constantly be on the defense, or the attitude that "silence makes you complicit" or some such BS.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm on it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally saw a decent ad from her the other day.  I HOPE Dingy's plan of linking Englund to Trump backfires big time!  And the Seattle Times endorsement could help with folks in the middle.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully Englund can win! She is cute to boot =D. Time to start peppering our angus if that nasty beast Dhingra wins =[
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully Englund can win! She is cute to boot =D. Time to start peppering our angus if that nasty beast Dhingra wins =[
View Quote
Honestly, not a laughing matter for all you out in Washington. This election will have a major impact to your RIGHTS.

I hope you understand that.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like California laws are in the future now... it's over
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:25:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Honestly, not a laughing matter for all you out in Washington. This election will have a major impact to your RIGHTS.

I hope you understand that.
View Quote
Wut
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like California laws are in the future now... it's over
View Quote
Yup. Looks like it. It's early but to have a 10% lead is huge. It's extremely rare for anyone to get a significant push in mail-in elections that fall outside of a presidential election cycle.
Also looks like John Urquhart might be out as King County Sheriff. That rape accusation was perfectly timed.

I guess between a Democrat lock on everything including the courts and most of the local offices and a highly corrupt initiative process, you can stick a fork in most of what makes this state an okay place to live.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wut
View Quote
Got to go Wut as well....

No one here is laughing at our dire situation. The boat is sinking, there aren't enough life boats, and the water is icy cold but damn it, a guy should still be able to comment on a woman's attractiveness
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#10]
As far as gun control goes, I don't know that we're completely forked yet.  There are quite a few Dems that don't go for every gun control measure put before them.  But the battle will be much more difficult for sure.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As far as gun control goes, I don't know that we're completely forked yet.  There are quite a few Dems that don't go for every gun control measure put before them.  But the battle will be much more difficult for sure.

Rob
View Quote
I agree with this. The biggest difference by far will be fiscal.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:16:15 AM EDT
[#12]
God Damn motherfucking son of a bitch, we are so fucked.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:17:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rob
View Quote
That's all about to change.
If you think differently then you're silly.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:31:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote
Quite a few?

It's more like a handful that are more concerned with staying in office and having what little business-boosting prestige that comes with holding a Legislator position.
The worm has turned. Those two-faced shitbags won't have to pretend to be Blue Dog Democrats anymore. They're largely not anyways.

Control the purse-strings and you get people to fall in line pretty quickly. Not many people in one of those districts is going to say no to some state money or new jobs.
It might even make them forget that they traded away an inalienable right since it's a hobby for them and Richie needs shoes/the roof is leaking/wife needs a new car.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#15]
She was hot. Too bad she lost.

Next question - will the a have a grandfather clause?

Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't count on it. If anything, DNC is doubling down on using Australia as their prime example of a "successful" gun ban.

Which means their ultimate goal is confiscation and disarmament, Constitution be damned.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#17]
The only "good thing" is that this is a one year term.
Next year.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote
I think we will be fucked, Ferguson will push an AWB, and to get rid of pre-emption laws.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote
After Vegas and now Texas? Expect a SAFE Act type bill in the next session.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the concern.  As others have posted before, don't think for an instant they haven't been taking notes.  Stocking up in anticipation of a ban, grandfathering, whatever - won't mean a lick if a SAFE-type load limit or CA-type ban on outright ownership comes to pass.  However, determine where your own line in the sand is drawn in terms of compliance and what you're willing to risk.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Hello state income tax and hello gun bans!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hello state income tax and hello gun bans!
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I stand by what I said, even if someone is immature enough to resort to name calling among friends.

The Dems controlled both houses and the Governorship from 2005 to 2012 and failed to push any serious gun control measures that I know of.  What I was saying is that gun control is NOT an automatic win.  It will be hard-fought, I believe, but we have a decent chance of holding our ground.

This also won't be a budget-cycle Legislature, so the fiscal craziness won't really start in earnest until next term if they keep control.

Believe me, I know this is bad.  I'm looking East and will be talking to my company about 100% remote work.  I kinda like the idea of Texas, but don't know if I can get my wife to go for it.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I stand by what I said, even if someone is immature enough to resort to name calling among friends.

The Dems controlled both houses and the Governorship from 2005 to 2012 and failed to push any serious gun control measures that I know of.  What I was saying is that gun control is NOT an automatic win.  It will be hard-fought, I believe, but we have a decent chance of holding our ground.

This also won't be a budget-cycle Legislature, so the fiscal craziness won't really start in earnest until next term if they keep control.

Believe me, I know this is bad.  I'm looking East and will be talking to my company about 100% remote work.  I kinda like the idea of Texas, but don't know if I can get my wife to go for it.

Rob
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob
My wife and I would move to TX in a heartbeat. The only problem I see is that I don't know how much longer TX will be a red state. 15 years? Max?
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My wife and I would move to TX in a heartbeat. The only problem I see is that I don't know how much longer TX will be a red state. 15 years? Max?
View Quote
That's my hesitation about pulling up stakes and moving out to Idaho. They already have the same kind of imbalance that we have here. An entire state ruled by one or two population centers.

We're running out of places to run.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote
If you can't handle being called "silly" then you are no friend of mine.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
BTW,  https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171108/washington-work-session-on-firearms-scheduled-in-house-judiciary

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's happening, isn't it? 
View All Quotes
Yup
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't count on it. If anything, DNC is doubling down on using Australia as their prime example of a "successful" gun ban.

Which means their ultimate goal is confiscation and disarmament, Constitution be damned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd be a violation of the fed constitution.  Not interested in complying with illegal laws.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That'd be a violation of the fed constitution.  Not interested in complying with illegal laws.
View Quote
Not just the federal constitution, but the state’s own constitution too:

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men." -- Article 1, section 24 of the Washington State constitution
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men." -- Article 1, section 24 of the Washington State constitution
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to the violation of the GF clause, but you are also correct on this.  This state gov of ours is occupied by rogues.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yup
View All Quotes
"We've had good bipartisan successes in Olympia over the past few years and that will continue. I also look forward to action on some issues that have stalled for too long," said Governor Inslee in a statement.

When asked about priorities ahead of a session next year, Dhingra mentioned passing a capital budget, sensible gun legislation, as well as a focus on environmental issues--an issue that's united West Coast state governments.

They are foaming at the mouth already to make this the next California
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Like I said on the thread about the TX legislator that said they need sensible gun control....

We all need to start right now saying loud and clear, we will NOT comply with any new bullshit gun laws!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I am beginning to think that our only hope that our only hope now is the Supreme court taking up that case in Maryland.  As well as don't the R's have enough people to filibuster any new firearm laws as well as didn't they pass suppressor laws even with a Democratically controlled congress?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#37]
They were openly saying as much before the election, now that they have an advantage I fully expect them to press home with it.

More redistributive legislation is coming, for children, bums, druggies, and whomever else has a sob story to sell.

Also expect a carbon tax, how badly that will fuck us remains to be seen.

Looks like I'll be finding an ID address sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#38]
The Evergreen state is going full commie. Surprise surprise surprise!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:50:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They were openly saying as much before the election, now that they have an advantage I fully expect them to press home with it.

More redistributive legislation is coming, for children, bums, druggies, and whomever else has a sob story to sell.

Also expect a carbon tax, how badly that will fuck us remains to be seen.

Looks like I'll be finding an ID address sooner rather than later.
View Quote
But how long is that going to last? Seriously.
A mass exodus of people from Washington to Idaho is only going to result in the same shit eventually happening there as well. Enough NIMBYs and Fudds get in and poof, you're looking for another place to call home.

As best as I can tell (I was last in ID for the eclipse), Idaho is either a few years behind us here in WA or right around the corner. As I said earlier, they're ripe for the same takeover bullshit tactics we see here in our state.
If I'm wrong, someone chime in and say so. Moving to Idaho would be much easier than the South or Midwest.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Even if (insert Dummycunt proposed legislation here) is not passed by the Legislature it's gonna pass by Initiative.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, no grandfather?

Dare I say “come and take it”?

Starting the hunt for jobs in free states.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Imagine what could have happened if voter turnout was more than 30% of the registered voters.  If a few more thousand conservative voters got off their asses in the 45th to cast a vote. Voting by mail is one of the simplest and easiest things to do.  No driving to a polling place and standing in line, taking time out of your day.  10 minutes to fill out, after reviewing some of the issues and mine was filled out.

If people are too lazy to even do that, then they deserve the government they get.  Don't come crying about it afterwards.

As much money as we spend in this race (I heard something like $10 million), you would think that some of it could have been earmarked to motivating people to return their ballots. The liberal side has been doing this for decades.  Where is the conservative activism?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Imagine what could have happened if voter turnout was more than 30% of the registered voters.
View Quote
Who says it wasn't?

Several counties in Western WA reject ballots en-masse from any area that isn't solidly blue.     You'll see entire rows of mailboxes get ballot rejections.   The elections are a sham.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Like I said on the thread about the TX legislator that said they need sensible gun control....

We all need to start right now saying loud and clear, we will NOT comply with any new bullshit gun laws!
View Quote
Gather a few hundred or more in front of the Capitol with rifles, then all walk inside in peaceful protest demanding to be heard.  Then stage a sit-in and do not allow it to close.

Excercise our 1st Amendment backed by our 2nd.  It’s the only way, even if such action is demonized.  Just you know... who will do it?

Nobody here has the balls to be as aggressive as the left, and rightfully so because we actually have livelihoods to preserve, unlike the vast amount of the Free Shit Army.  It’s sad.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Who says it wasn't?

Several counties in Western WA reject ballots en-masse from any area that isn't solidly blue.     You'll see entire rows of mailboxes get ballot rejections.   The elections are a sham.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine what could have happened if voter turnout was more than 30% of the registered voters.
Who says it wasn't?

Evidence?  
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Evidence?  
View Quote
Not really the same thing but I've had my ballots returned to me two times because they said my signature didn't match their records 
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not really the same thing but I've had my ballots returned to me two times because they said my signature didn't match their records 
View Quote
Same has happened to my wife. While not a registered Republican she votes for them almost exclusively.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Same has happened to my wife. While not a registered Republican she votes for them almost exclusively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never had a single ballot returned.  And there is no party registration in this state.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#49]
My wife has had 2 ballots returned because of the signature issue.  She has to return a form verifying the signature and ballot are valid.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#50]
King County folks can track their ballot status here:
https://info.kingcounty.gov/kcelections/vote/myvoterinfo.aspx

Mine was received and counted, at least according to the website.  Now, whether they actually ran the ballot through the Optical Scanner (Democrat votes) or the Paper Shredder (Republican votes) isn't quite clear......

I'm not in the 45th, so my ballot wouldn't have mattered either way to the outcome (shredded or not.)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top